Lakland Decade anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wyleeboxer, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Tried looking around the web for any info, but didnt get much. Anyone played one? What are they costing? are they offered in US and Skyline versions? Just curious as usual! Thanks
  2. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    the Lakland decade model as far as i know is offered as a US
    model, no skylines yet;there are two models 4 string and active 4 string;i don't know about pricing,i would say contact
    steve barr @ the dude pit,he's got the goods on them.
  3. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

No Skyline version. Yet.

Some more info is here

They sure do look good, but at nearly $3k, they're not for me. :(
  4. If Lakland did not want a gazillion dollars for the Decade, I would have gone for it... but you know the story.
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I played one. My favorite Lakland by far

6. 3 grand!!! I was hoping around 2 grand, maybe $2200? I think I'll stop thinking about one for awhile. :( Thanks guys!
  7. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Same. I really love the design- it's by far the best-looking Lakland, if you ask me. But there's no way I could spend that much...
  8. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I'd mail a few dealers and get quotes before deciding they are 3 grand.
  9. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I posted "nearly $3K," but actually they're a little less, depending on what you want (active/passive, 4-string/5-string). Get in touch with the Dude. He can give you a better idea of price.

In general, I try to stay away from anything over $2K, as I don't need that kind of GAS, personally.
  10. djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    The Decade is a U.S. model - no Skylines are planned at this time.

As was suggested, mail a few dealers for pricing specifics.
  11. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I am also sad that it costs so much, If it cost $1500 or less i could probably get one sometime, but it is too much. For what they are asking, it would not be a priority to get. At that price there are other, more custom , basses id want.

I LOVE the design and tone though. It would be a great thing to have in any mans arsenal.
  12. Yeah I just want it for rock and roll. I need to keep some of my cash for the sex and drugs! :) It doesnt seem like a jazz boutique bass. I was thinking the natural finish with no pre-amp for around 1500 also. I guess it's time to put a couple darkstars in my old BB300, it would probably sound the same!
  13. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    I know it's a lot of cash.
    But I sure would like one?
    GAS GAS GAS!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'd love to play one just for the Darkstars alone, but IMHO, they're kinda ugly.
  15. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Well, if you just want the Dark Stars, you can always get any other bass with the pickups. You can even get a Skyline with an upgrade to Darkstars installed by Lakland.

I know a little Dude you could talk to about pricing on the Darkstar upgrade option, too.... :ninja:
  16. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Decade's street price should go from around $2600 to $3000 depending on passive/active and 4/5 string.

I haven't heard them, but I don't like the looks. I think that the headstock doesn't match with the body.
  17. djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    Closer to the low end of that estimate.

There are no Decade 5 strings yet. The *assumption* is that once 5 string Dark Star pickups are available that will change. We'll see.