1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lakland Deluxe 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Traveler, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Traveler

Traveler

Jun 26, 2001
    Greenwood, AR.
    I tried a Lakland Deluxe 4, and loved the combination of the MM type bridge pickup and the J neck pickup. Ive never played the 5-string version though, and was just wondering if the low B on it holds any comparison to a Stingray 5.

2. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    MANY (myself included) think the Lakland has the best B out there. That said, I've never owned a Stingray (have played one, but not through my rig)

3. Go to Bassplayer Magazine and click on "Gear". Then click on the "5 string shootout". It has a review of the Lakland Deluxe 55-94 that comments on the B string.:)

4. The Lakland's low B is pretty awesome. I've owned a D55-94 for a couple of months now, and it has been nothing but awesome. The low B can really thunder, but it maintains tonal and chromatic clarity throughout the neck. It's not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a truly great bass!

5. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I've owned both. The Lakland has a more focused B, but then again, it costs more than twice as much. Lots of other goodies and construction details make the Lakland worth the money, though.