Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland Deluxe 55-94 FS/FT

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by rickreyn, Feb 19, 2003.

1. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Offering up my Lakland Deluxe 55-94. Beautiful natural quilt top. Barts. Birdseye maple neck. New to mint shape. About a year old. Only "gigged" in church setting. Paperwork still ready to be completed. OHSC. $1600. Will consider reasonable trade offers. If interested we can talk shipping etc. My web page has plenty of photos. The price is appropriately set at the "ebay" market. This is a top performer. I am simply playing a Modulus Q5 pretty much full time now, so this bass is expendable. I am not a collector.

[​IMG]

2. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    :eek:

Sure wish I had something to trade you.;)

What are you going to get next?

3. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    I've got a few things in mind (see other thread for available items from a supplier of mine), but all will hopefully be a good partner to the Modulus. I almost sprang for the Honey Q5 you had, but it was a little too similar to the one I have.

To clarify about what will qualify for trade, it's got to be electric, it's got to have five strings and it's got to be a solid investment, meaning I need to be able to sell it for what I have in the Lakland.:)

4. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    ;)

5. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Have a local guy interested who came to my office to see and play the bass. If this deal does not pan out, look for an ebay post on Sunday.:)

6. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I take that as a "No" to my offer. :bawl:

7. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Where did you make the offer? I wasn't aware of it. I've had numerous emails interspersed with my normal job stuff. Resend it. Thanks.

8. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    I got it. It was in TB mail. I'll let you know come Sunday. Thanks.

9. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    ...but maybe not by this afternoon. New photos on web.

10. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    You going to do that trade?

11. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    The guy is having second thoughts. Talked to his wife and she reminded him of the cash he put out for it. 50-50%. He still says he'll buy the Lakland, but I will believe it when I see it.

12. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I was ready to jump on that deal if you didn't want it. I don't play 6-string, heck I barely play 5, but I was willing to learn. I did close the deal on that other Lakland 55-94. I should have it in two weeks.
    But I get the Ken Smith on Wednesday. IMO the Ken Smith is built much better but the sound is a toss up depending on what you like. The Ken Smith is built better than a LOT of high-end basses out there.

13. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Sounds great. I'll know something by tonight. I don't even know if the Sadowsky deal is still there. And then you go and unload the Modulus! I'm fresh out of options. I guess I can always get the PBass!:rolleyes:

14. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Or this:
    [​IMG]

15. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Yep, it may be time to throw some lines in the water.;)

16. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    You could always sell your Lakland and buy the smith above. My Modulus was calling you name.

17. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    That's not your Smith is it?

18. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    No. It's not mine.

19. rickreyn

rickreyn