Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland dip switch settings

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Feb 10, 2001.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Just for your information, I just spent the last hour with my Lakland fretted and Lakland fretless basses futzing with the mid-frequency dip switches to see which setting I like best. The options are 250hz, 500hz, 700hz, and 850hz. I ended up going with 700hz on both of them, which surprised me.

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Surprised me, too. I was wondering if I was reading the chart wrong ;)

3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I spent many hours changing mine also, and kept returning to 700hz. It just sounded more natural to my ears. I usually only use my mid boost when I need a bit of extra punch and I found that I could get what I needed with much less boost at 700 than the other settings.

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Munji, now who're you callin' a dip s.....:eek:

....never mind, just an automatic reaction when I see you post, figure you're instigating something as usual!! ;)

By the way, I may be out in your neck of the woods in April, got a probable Tito Jr gig at Sea World/San Diego the 14th. I could always use a heckler..... :D

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Son of a Siberian sea snake! I think I'm gonna be in Boston on April 14. At that same ASFE conference we had in N'awlins. (Association of Sexual Freaks and Extraterrestrials.)

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    There are sea snakes in Siberia???? Didn't think they'd do well in that climate....hmm....oh well....

Damn man...that bites. Well hopefully something will change between then and now, and you'll be able to come laugh at me.....you know you want to.....;)

7. whats the factory setting, how can i tell what mine is (it was preowned). does anyone have a diagram of the settings?