1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD LAKLAND DJ (DARRYL JONES)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rbeck47, Feb 27, 2016.

1. rbeck47

rbeck47 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    Price:
    $750
    Strings:
    Made in Korea, this 2007 Skyline DJ is a great playing jazz bass with very even sound across all strings. The metallic black body paint is subtle and not overly glittery, which I like. The neck has no dead spots, and there is strong output from both bridge and neck pickups (Lakland pups). Frets are good and the truss rod works as it should. There is a small indentation on the fretboard at the 14th fret, but it's a cosmetic issue that does not affect play. The bass has not been a closet dweller, so it does have some honest player wear, but nothing worrisome. There are no chips, dings through the finish or cracks, just some of the normal swirls, minor surface scratches and wear marks. I’ll get a weight on it soon, but it’s light and probably a little under 9 lbs. The best part is, this bass plays and sounds probably better than any of the Fender jazz basses I’ve had, whether they be US, MIJ, CIJ or MIM – and I’ve had quite a few. I’d also rate it better than the Lakland JO’s that I’ve had in the past. The bass comes from a smoke-free environment and will ship in a somewhat worn, but fully functional padded gig bag. Will sell and ship, insured, in the CONUS for $750. Paypal preferred. No trades, so please don’t ask.

I imagine some folks will wonder why I am selling this bass, especially since I just recently purchased it here on TB. Look at my trading stats – I’m admittedly out of control. The truth is I’m totally hooked on my G&L LB-100 (another recent purchase that is here to stay), and I just added a Lakland 44-02 that I couldn’t resist. So in order to keep it down to two basses, I am letting the DJ go. I understand the previous owner sold the bass at one time and then later bought it again, which I consider a positive endorsement of how good this bass is. Here's a link to his post where there are some much better photos:
    SOLD - MIK Lakland Darryl Jones DJ4

Attached Files:

2. BradH

BradH Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Billings, Mt
    That is a great price for a great bass.
    My go to Jazz bass for years has always been a DJ4.
    GLWTS

rbeck47 likes this.
  3. rbeck47

rbeck47 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    Sold!

bskts247 likes this.