1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lakland DJ Model Returns

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Dec 20, 2011.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    ;)

Lakland Endorser.

Attached Files:

2. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    DAYUM!!!..... It's a good thing John didn't call me back today, I called ready to order a different bass!! Literally called him 10am this morning!!!!! That gunmetal grey is MERCILESS!!

DAYUM!!!

it must be fate.....:p

3. voodoobassist

voodoobassist Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    Nice to see they're back. I'll stick with playing my NOS '06 model I picked up earlier this year. It made me a "jazz bass" fan again!!!

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Those things are gonna sell out quick! I'm guessing A Basses just couldn't get it together! Guess I gotta start saving again! Sheesh!

5. Very nice. Those 02s look pretty sweet as well. I want a DJ5 with that burst!

6. That is EXCELLENT news!

7. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    Albey is a top-notch builder.... but he still does like over 150 gigs a year....I'm sure he just doesn't have the infrastructure or time to build but maybe a couple dozen of these a year....

8. This is cool info. They sure tooled up quickly for this in the Skyline factory.

What is a special edition about the 02's at the bottom. Don't they always come in that color?

9. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    That Blue US model is stunning!

Maybe used DJ prices will get back down to a reasonable level again.

10. Wasn't the last DJ an active model with modern sounding pickups?

11. Fantastic. That model was one of the best values on the market when it came out. Wonderful spec.... reduced body size, very good fit and finish, and a very, very, very aggressive passive J tone (at least with the original Aero pickups... never played the final version with the in-house pickups).

12. gre107

gre107

Dec 25, 2005
    PA
    That's great! I never understood why they got rid of that one? It's a winner!

13. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Excellent news... awesome basses.

14. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    This is really really good news...

(Honey.....can I buy a bass with the tax refund?)

15. Nope, they were passive. I think quite a few people would drop in preamps though. I thought there was one company making one preloaded on the curved control plate even, making the change very simple.

16. They done good. That's my favorite of their basses and I'll never let mine go!

17. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Nice. I really dug the Skyline DJ4 I had for a while. Wonderful sounding and playing jazz bass. And it looks great too.

Thanks for the update Jauqo.

18. That's right...that's why I thought it was active. I remember the company making a custom preamp for it.

19. DJ was going to take his signature model back to the original company. Lakland had a substitute US model available but now it looks like that's no longer needed.

20. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

You're welcome Jared.