1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Lakland DJ4 Darryl Jones - Adam Clayton model (Relisted)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Maj. Lee FUBAR, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Maj. Lee FUBAR

Maj. Lee FUBAR Supporting Member

Price:
    $950 obo
    Strings:
    THIS IS A RE-LISTING. THE PRIOR SALE FELL THROUGH AT THE LAST MINUTE DUE TO EXPENSIVE SHIPPING COSTS TO CANADA.

This is a beautiful 2009 Lakland Darryl Jones 4 string bass. It weighs only 7.46 pounds! This is the lightest solid body bass I have ever had. Here is a detailed list of everything you should know:

-2009 Lakland "AC" Darryl Jones 4 string bass

-Lakland pickups

-Super light weight

-Standard Lakland 10" radius fret board

-Plek'd

-The neck pickup was replaced by Lakland, previous owner broke the winding on the original (same difference). Now it works fine and sounds great.

-Plays beautifully with nice low action.

-Currently strung with chrome flats. Nice low action.

- Tusq nut.

-The bass is really clean, but there is some buckle rash on the back (won't show up in a photo), although nothing that can't be buffed out.

-Purchased from another TBer.

-As this was about to be sent off earlier, it is really well packaged by a professional shipper, ready to go. Lots of bubble wrap and double boxing. Again, it is being sold and is packaged without a case.

Selling because I've been playing guitar more lately and I need the coin.

It's a really nice bass, you won't be disappointed.

$950 shipped within the CONUS. PayPal is OK. Reasonable offers considered.

DSCN2411-1. DSCN2413. DSCN2414. DSCN2449. IMG_0211.JPG IMG_0212.JPG IMG_0235.JPG IMG_0233.JPG

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  2. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Very light and gorgeous!

3. Maj. Lee FUBAR

Maj. Lee FUBAR Supporting Member

A common question is whether the bass has neck dive because it is so light. The answer is no, it is very well balanced. No perceptible neck dive at all!