1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Lakland DJ5 Pearl White w/ Rosewood Board

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Sparkdog, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparkdog

Sparkdog

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    Never thought I would part with this one, it's easily the best Jazz I've ever owned, but I have decided to stick with 4 strings and of course I need another one so I need to sell the DJ5.

I bought this bass about 9 months ago, it's in mint condition, the only issues are some pickguard swirls and a couple of tiny surface blemishes that were on it at the time I bought it. I photographed them but they're so small you can't see them in pics.

Weight is 8.5 lbs according to the dealer I got it from and I would say that's right...it's very light and perfectly balanced. Color is Pearl White, has the rosewood board with block inlays and binding, and matching headstock. It has Lakland pickups in it, I played one with Aero's too and thought the Laklands were fatter and better sounding all around, quieter too.

Bass has had D'Addario flats installed for most of the time I've owned it, there is no fret wear at all. I've been experimenting with strings the last couple of months, it currently has a brand new set of DR High Beams installed, they've never been played.

Bass has Dunlop Dual Design Straploks installed, other than that it's completely stock. Neck is perfect, and I do mean PERFECT :)

Here's a link to the specs page from Lakland's site, and a link from a delaer site with a pic, she looks identical to this picture (6th one down from the top)

http://www.lakland.com/jones.htm

http://www.basscentral.com/lakeland_usa/skyline_daryl_jones.shtml

I'll post some pics tonight or tomorrow AM when I get home (I'm traveling at the moment)

I'm asking $1100 including Fed Ex shipping within continental US, and I'll ship it in a Fender gig bag. Paypal or postal money order.

I'm planning to replace this with a Lakland JO 4 string, if you've got one you want to trade let's talk. Would consider any really great Jazz from Lakland or Fender, but no boutique brands...I really want a Jazz bass.

2. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    When you get the pictures, how about verify the weight at the same time?

3. Sparkdog

Sparkdog

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    She's gone, did a trade this morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.