SOLD Lakland DPLE II w/ Factory Darkstar pup Price Drop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Sanchman, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Sanchman

Sanchman

Nov 12, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Price:
    $1050
    Strings:
    IMG_2914.jpg I have a Lakland Dudepit Era Darkstar Bass. I dig everything about this bass except for the fact it has a Jazz neck on it. I thought I could make it work for me but it turns out I absolutely hate jazz style necks. This bass is in the condition that I bought it in minus on scratch on the neck which I have photographed. It has a few very light scratches in the belt area, but other than that this guys is clean as can be. Nothing through the finish and no dings. I am asking what I paid for the bass since nothing has changed on it since I bought it. I'll ship it in a generic hard shell case and the cost of the shipping is on you, but I will pay the insurance cost of the shipping. I prefer a local deal I'm located in Nashville and travel with artist Ashley McBryde so if you want to check her schedule and see that we are swinging through or near you I will knock some of the price off for an in person cash deal.

I took this guy to Bluesman Vintage on 2/13 because I was worried about a buzz I was having and I was worried it maybe an issue with the pickup. After having them pull everything apart, clean, and look over everything I was assured that nothing was wrong with the bass and it was functioning as it should and that the buzz that I was hearing was normal with a single coil pick up like this.

I'm also open to trades. If you have a Jack Casady Epiphone, One of the new American Original Fender 60s reissues that just got rolled out, a fender 57' or 63' American vintage reissue or an Aguilar DB751, a distressor or a JMJ Mustang that you're trying to get rid of lets talk. These are the only trades that I am interested in.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    R&B, pudgychef, klharper and 3 others like this.
  2. I remember these.... so cool, good luck!

Sanchman likes this.
  3. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    GLWTS

Sanchman likes this.
  4. troubledog

troubledog

Aug 30, 2009
    Houston
    How does it sound?

5. Sanchman

Sanchman

Nov 12, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    I love the way these guys sound. It’s got its own unique thing. It’s not really a P or a J. It’s got the richness of a jazz bass but is really punchy like a precision bass.

Jabba the bass likes this.
  6. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    Wish it had a Pbass width neck, I'd be on it :)

mpdd, pudgychef and Sanchman like this.
  7. pudgychef

pudgychef In Memoriam

Jan 22, 2005
    Chongqing, China
    +1

Sanchman likes this.
  8. vintageampeg

vintageampeg

Feb 2, 2005
    Long live the Dude Pit!!!

Sanchman likes this.