Lakland Dunn Skyline Question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by S. Katz, Aug 5, 2009.

1. S. Katz

S. Katz Guest

Oct 24, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I'm trying to change the pickguard on my Lakland Dunn Skyline (manufactured 2007) and having a devil of a time getting the knobs off. Are they held onto the posts with a set screw? There is a screw hole, but I cannot (1) see any screw head, or (2) get any purchase on a screw using tools of different sizes and blade shapes. At the same time, there is very little give if I pull hard on the knobs.

I don't want to force anything. Does anyone know for sure whether the knobs have set screws? If so, what size and type?

2. ByF

ByF

May 19, 2009
    I'm not familiar with that particular bass, but most basses have either a hex set screw or a straight slot for a screwdriver. My Carvin bass has both--hex on the volume and blend, and slotted on the tone knobs. If you can see a little hole, take the bass out in the bright sunlight and look at it--use a magnifying glass if you have to. The set screw is probably black, so it's hard to see unless you have good lighting.

Have you tried allen wrenches? That's probably what it needs.

Ed

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021