Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland factory test drive?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JTGale, Nov 18, 2004.

1. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    Just curious if anyone knows anything about the Lakland shop in Chicago. I have been gassing bad to get one but I want to test drive a couple before I make up my mind. Seeing as how I live only a couple hours outta Chicago, can you go to the shop and try them out? How about buying one while you are there? Do they give tours of the shop? Just curious ...

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I've been by to see Dan at the shop on several occasions over the last five or six years. You can go up and meet the guys, try out a bass or two that they have on hand, etc. However, I'd give Dan a call first before making the trip to make sure that someone will be around to let you in and to also let him know that you'd like to stop by.

3. my brother scheduled a visit for my birthday a couple years ago. it was damn cool. i played numerous -94 and -02 basses, as well as a USA hollowbody and a USA glaub. it was fantastic. i highly recommend the experience, even if you're not in the market for a lakland, as was my case.

robb.

4. Ya, like the others said call and make an appointment with Dan or John. These guys are great and it's a cool shop too. Carl will crack you up with his quick wit and great sense of humor. These guys treat customers like old pals. I've been going up there for quite a few years and enjoy it everytime.

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I did it and got converted...still don't own a Lakland...YET

6. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    Thanks for the info, guys. I am going to have to treat myself to a little trip for Christmas! ;-)