Lakland GAS help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xb100, Jul 21, 2005.

1. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    It seems like every week, I get new gas. I dont know why, but I've been craving to get a new bass for close to 2 months now.

I had the whole find an awesome used deal GAS going on.
    Then I had the SX and upgrade it GAS.
    Then there was the fender GAS.
    Then I was going woooohooo over a schecter elite 4.
    Now it seems to have moved on to lakland.

I'm fairly familar with lakland, and know lots of guys use em. At least the higer end laklands that cost 1000$ and up.

My budgte isn't that high, so I'm sticking to either the 44-01 or 55-01 series. I read some reviews on harmony central and laklands seem to out perform the fenders I WAS looking at. They also seem to be very versitle and solid instruments, not to mention the bart pups and pre.

Many models have grabbed my eye, something that dosn't happen alot.

For an example I really dig warwick's corvettes, thats one bass warwick has out of how many others??

Another would be Ibanez :bag: the BTB series is THE only series of basses that I would use from ibanez on a full time basis.

Last example would be fender, many basses but the one that really tickles me is the 60's classic. Dunno but it does.

The thing with lakland is, EVERY model makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Even the ones I know i cant afford, at least for a few years make me all giddy.

I'm not particulary fond of rosewood fingerboard's and a having a white headstock or maple colord headstock, but lakland pulls it off nicely and i dig it, but not as much as a maple fingerboard and matching headstock.

What do you guys think, Lakland or other (ie fender, tribute)
    I'm also ganna share some pics from the lakland website (hope that isn't illegal :ninja: ) of the basses that I dig the most.

Thanks for all your guys's help I appreciate it, and having GAS is a good thing I guess, lets you experiance new and different instruments.

But anyways thanks,

^^^^^^ love that one
  2. Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Rob - the Lakland picture you have flagged (3 tone 4402 with maple neck and quilt maple on the body) is the same model I have - and it is for sale. In great condition - 6 months old - with hardshell case. PM me and we can discuss relieving your GAS!!!

3. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    As a Lakland nut, you can't go wrong with them. Superb playability, construction, and tone. The fretwork, regardless of US or Skyline, is second to none.
  4. bino

bino Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    Yeah, Laklands are the ****. I've owned just about every model, but not all at once unfortunately.

J, I just put a shiny new volume knob on the HB. She's waiting for a night out. ;)
  5. Reggae Eric

Reggae Eric

Jun 24, 2005
    Lakland owns you!!! Give in to the pressure!!! You will be glad you did!!!

Lakland lover since 2003!!!

6. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Do you guys who have experiance with lakland think both the skyline 44-01 and 55-01 are on par with laklands higher end models tone wise and build wise?
  7. I CAN'T HELP YOU!!! I've had the Lakland Darryl Jones GAS for a few months now!!!
  8. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

9. Reggae Eric

Reggae Eric

Jun 24, 2005
    Go to Laklands website and compaire the high end with the "low" end... there is not much difference...

You will get the same tone for $2000 less!!!

+++ Dan is a super nice guy, I have talked with him on the phone and via email. He will do what it takes to make sure you have the best instrument and the best service.

Lakland owns me!!! :D

When you buy yours, get it from someone a dealer who can make sure it is setup or have the dealer ship it to Lakland to setup. I ordered one from THAT WAS A MISTAKE!!! It was all messed up... I sent it to Dan and they fixed it... actually the rebuilt it...
  10. DeadPoet

Jun 4, 2003
    Got to the store last tuesday to get some cable. Saw two skylines and a (2nd hand, though near-mint) USA lakland (all 5-ers). Sound was ok of the skylines, but the USA one felt 100x better and sounded *really* great.

Walked out the store with the USA :D :hyper: :hyper: