Lakland GAS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Greg Johnsen, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    yah...I got over my steinberger GA, but I moved straight onto a Skyline 44-01. I love the looks of them, and the price, I've also been told they they sound awesome. This is what I want, good tone, good variety, good looks, and affordable.

If you guy's know of a 4 string bass, with those (i'll be happy with passive, but I prefer active), and it's $700 or less, I'll look into it.

2. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Supporting Member

I have a 55-01 and it is awesome !
    You should be able to pick up a brand neww 44-01 for under $700 . Call or email Bass Central . .
    Thats where I got my 55-01 . NOBODY , AND I MEAN NOBODY had them in stock , but they had every color , maple or rosewood just waiting for a home .
    Ask for Grasshopper .
    You can not go wrong for the price !!!
  3. chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I've seen used 44-01's go for as little as $450 and 55-01's for not much more than that. used -02's seem to run a couple hundred more on average. I was hunting quite a bit before I picked up my 55-02, which is a great bass in every way. I've been dabbling with the idea of a 55-01 with a maple board or a fretless 55-01 lately for some variety.
  4. IMHO, the focus of your gas is DEAD ON!!!! I did see some natural finish 44-01s at, aw, some internet shop for under $500. Its wasnt MusEx, it was a bass site if I recall...

5. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    thanks guys, I'm gonn have to get a stack before I get one, but I'm looking forward to it.

6. yeah, you should definetly call bass central. they haven't updated their site in a little while, but they always have a great selection of laklands. and they're really fair with pricing.