1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lakland GAS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Greg Johnsen, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    yah...I got over my steinberger GA, but I moved straight onto a Skyline 44-01. I love the looks of them, and the price, I've also been told they they sound awesome. This is what I want, good tone, good variety, good looks, and affordable.

If you guy's know of a 4 string bass, with those (i'll be happy with passive, but I prefer active), and it's $700 or less, I'll look into it.

Thanks,
    Greg

2. I have a 55-01 and it is awesome !
    You should be able to pick up a brand neww 44-01 for under $700 . Call or email Bass Central .
    www.basscentral.com .
    Thats where I got my 55-01 . NOBODY , AND I MEAN NOBODY had them in stock , but they had every color , maple or rosewood just waiting for a home .
    Ask for Grasshopper .
    You can not go wrong for the price !!!

3. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I've seen used 44-01's go for as little as $450 and 55-01's for not much more than that. used -02's seem to run a couple hundred more on average. I was hunting quite a bit before I picked up my 55-02, which is a great bass in every way. I've been dabbling with the idea of a 55-01 with a maple board or a fretless 55-01 lately for some variety.
    ---
    Chris

4. IMHO, the focus of your gas is DEAD ON!!!! I did see some natural finish 44-01s at, aw, some internet shop for under $500. Its wasnt MusEx, it was a bass site if I recall...

LAKLAND ROCKS!!!

5. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    thanks guys, I'm gonn have to get a stack before I get one, but I'm looking forward to it.

Greg

6. yeah, you should definetly call bass central. they haven't updated their site in a little while, but they always have a great selection of laklands. and they're really fair with pricing.