No longer available LakLand Hanson Neo Punch P Bass Pickup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Alan Ace Cooper, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    Price:
    $60.00
    Got this off TB back in the summer but never used it. Decided to have MJT build me a heavy relic body and this pickup looks too new.

Your $60 PayPal payment gets it shipped via USPS Priority Mail to your lower 48th US state.

AE6B0F82-2932-4849-9B1F-6CE9937EFAF6.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Matt R likes this.
  2. Matt R

Matt R Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Newbury Park, Ca.
    Outstanding sounding pickup GLWTS

Alan Ace Cooper likes this.
  3. °v°

°v°

Sep 11, 2005
    This Hanson NeoPunch p-bass pickup is really awesome, sounding very punchy although still sort of silky when playing normally - for they apparently retain the alnico character of the base double rods/magnets - yet becoming really growly as you dig in because of the high output & somewhat self-saturating characteristic due to the strong neodymium magnets underneath the rods. Yes indeed, and without the rather annoying harshness of a typical ceramic bar pickup such as the DiMarzio DP122. I would say this NeoPunch pickup is absolutely perfect for "waking up" slightly lame sounding / low resonance wood basses (for instance, I have a franken p-bass with a body made of zebrano that I always found sounding a bit dull and it sounds really good with this NeoPunch pickup) - or else - mitigating the typically hard wood basses such as some Japanese (Matsumoku Vantage for example) overly hard sounding with the (to me horrible) caramic bar pickups they often come with.
    I'm wondering why they stopped making 'em and really recommend Hanson or other pickup makers to issue neodymium boosted j-bass pickups, for I often find j-basses lacking a bit of punch unless you really push them with high gain, at least in comparison to the p-bass...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2021