1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Lakland Hollowbody FIRST YEAR RUN! Piece of Lakland history! Comes with OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rumblefisher, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Hello TB! Up for sale is a wonderful bass that I will be very sad to see go. This was one of the first hollowbody basses Lakland ever made! The case (which of course comes with the bass) is original as well and looks new.

[DEL]$2450, shipped, with case.[/DEL]
    $2300 SHIPPED WITH CASE
    NEARLY MINT, aside from a tiny chip on the back lower contour (so directly under the control cavity) that was there when I got the bass.

GOOD NEWS THOUGH!
    Pat Wilkins, THE Lakland finish guy, said that this is an EASY fix, for which he charges $70. The chip is very, very small and does NOT go into the wood at all.

The bass sounds and feels phenomenal. Without a doubt my favorite bass yet. The full scale gives the bass a solid, punchy tone, and the hollow body imparts a HUGE sound. The pickups, IMO, are the perfect fit for this bass, as they are neutral and sensitive, picking up the sound of the bass and the nuances of the unique hollowbody attack. This bass really can do it all, and the pickup positions allow for a nice range of available tones.

The neck is dead straight, the truss works perfectly but I've never had to use it. The quartersawn neck stays where it is, and the bass stays in tune forever.

This is a lifer of a bass, and whoever gets it will be beyond thrilled. It's also not terrible that I'm listing this for over $1500 LESS than new (on a first year run no less) that, after a small touch up (and it will not detract from value, as it counts as a FACTORY touch-up according to Mr. Wilkins...who by the way is an absolute gentleman and pleasure to deal with), will be as good as brand new.

Thanks for having a look, let's get this bass to a new, caring home and some of my student loans paid.

Attached Files:

2. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    <reserved for pics>

Attached Files:

3. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    <reserved for more pics>

Attached Files:

4. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    very nice!

5. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    Nice! What is the serial #?

6. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    #006 :)

7. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Up.

8. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    Endorsing Artist: Rosado Guitars
    Free bump for my best friend and a hell of a player! :)
    I'm sad to see this one go too, but I know Con has something special brewing for his self!

9. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Thanks j. If by special, you meant rent and good, then yes :)

10. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Bump for one of the greatest (if not THE greatest, IMO) hollowbodies EVER made!

11. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    Endorsing Artist: Rosado Guitars
    This is still here?! I can only imagine how it sounds through the ol' LDS. :)

12. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Amazing. I will say this...I guarantee this is one the greatest basses anyone will play. IF you buy this bass and feel that that claim is not true, I will refund your purchase, after inspection of the bass, sans shipping cost. I guarantee it wouldn't come to that though. I'm tempted to send this myself for that chip touch-up...

13. demon666

demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI
    Looking for anything in trade?

14. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Not particularly, but throw some out there anyway :) You never know!

15. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    More pictures of the scarf joint, as requested by Low Main!

Attached Files:

16. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Sorry for the cell phone pictures. I promise, the bass (aside from the FIXABLE LITTLE TOUCH-UP) is P E R F E C T.

Attached Files:

17. MarkusBass

MarkusBass Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Graphic Designer: Lakland
    Doug...you should buy this one!

18. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Yes Doug, you should. :D

Who said that? :bag:

I can put up more photos if anyone likes. Yes, they will be taken by my Samsung Galaxy, as I do not own a camera.

19. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    To the top. :)

20. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Nice price drop for added incentive. If you are on the fence about this, don't be. I am positive you will be blown away by how great this Bass sounds and feels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.