Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland hollowbody sound samples and questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Jul 26, 2004.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Im on the fence of ordering the Skyline version of the hollow body. But I cant try before buying. So some sound samples would really help.
    Also any comentary comparisons to other basses so I can get a clue of what to expect would be great.

One of the worries I have is that the Bartolinis might sound to polished/nice. All basses Ive tried with barts have not much "soul" IMO. But these are custom made so they might be great.
    The reason for wanting this bass is my love for the Epi Casady bass.

BTW How is the weight of these basses? More or less than an avarage P-bass?

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Bump :hyper:
    Can it approximate any other basses sounds?

3. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Well on the weight question I'm gonna say that is lighter than normal basses.Well hollowbody guitars are lighter than their solid-bodied friends

4. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I own a Skyline HB and I love it. I also own an Eppi JC and a Gibson Les Paul Signature (the grandaddy!). the Skyline HB is extremely well made and sounds wonderful, but different from the Eppi. I really like the coil tap switch on it. It gives it more tone options than an Eppi. It is a big bass and weighs close to a P-bass. I very highly recommend them.

5. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks!
    Are the tones polished/hifi or more old school?
    Are there any gigbags that fit these big basses?

6. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Big time old school! There must be a gigbag to fit it, but I bought the Lakland hard case for it, and that is what i would recommend. It is much easier to keep it hydrated during the winter in this kind of case.