Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland Hollowbody

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Edgar, May 5, 2001.

1. Edgar

Edgar

Nov 4, 2000
    Montreal, QC, CA
    Has anyone ever tried the "New" hollowbody from Lakland?

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yo, over here!

Yeah, interesting bass, to say the least. Plays great sounds great, if you're looking for that 60's hollowbody bass tone. VERY expensive. Comes set up with flat wound strings. Great neck, huge body. Any specific questions?

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Yeah, I've played it. Gard pretty much summed it up. It's a cool, well-built, easy to play instrument. Didn't push my $3k button though;)

4. I dug the look until I saw the bridge, it ruined everything for me (I only saw it in BP, I have never played anything even close to anything that nice, the local GC wont let me even touch a Ric!)

5. Edgar

Edgar

Nov 4, 2000
    Montreal, QC, CA
    Anyone knows why they didn't use a floating bridge?

6. No, but they should have, the conventional bridge doenst fit at all

7. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    HEY GUYS........I OWN LAKLAND HOLLOWBODY SERIAL #24! IT TOTALLY KICKS BUTT! SHORELINE GOLD WITH ROSEWOOD BOARD. I GOT IT FROM DAN TO BE ABLE TO RETIRE MY LES PAUL SIGNATURE. I HAVEN'T EVEN LOOKED AT MY L.P.S. IN 6 MONTHS!(NO IT'S NOT FOR SALE)THIS THING IS WORTH EVERY PENNY IF YOUR SERIOUS, AND WORTH THE 9 MONTH WAIT. AS FOR THE BRIDGE, APPARENTLY YOU GUYS HAVEN'T EVER TRIED TO PLAY A LIVE ROCK GIG WITH A FLOATING BRIDGE. BY THE THIRD SONG THE BRIDGE IS IN THE THIRD ROW!!!!!!!

8. Are you kidding or are you serious? Just wondering.. Thats not right IMO

9. totally serious, they are very mean, they dont even hook up the nice amps, just the small combos :(

10. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    I played one at Bass Day and I loved it, I'd have one if I could get it for about $1750 or less. ;) Until I can work such a deal, I'll have to settle for my orange Gretsch Broadkaster.

Phil

11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    DIDN'T KNOW THEY FLOATED THAT MUCH!!!!!!

HEY....SCREAMING'S FUN!!!!

12. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    WHAT???? I COULDN'T HEAR YOU!!!:DLOL