lakland in colorado

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by worldwidepants, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Anybody have one? I am dying to get my hands on one. I am at the deciding point between a lakland (either a 55-02 or a used 55-94) or a stingray 5. I just (tonight) recieved word that I landed a church gig that is pretty well payed so I will be able to have one very soon. So if anyone has a lakland in denver or even colorado springs or fort collins I would love to get together.
  2. I wanted one very badly a couple years ago. As far as I can tell, the closest dealer that carries them is in Kansas! :(

3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    You could always find one you like and buy it from an online retailer. The good ones offer a certain amount of time that you can return the bass if you aren't happy with it.
  4. That's how I bought my Laklands. I figured if I didn't like them I could either return them or resell them. I bought used so I figured I wouldn't lose on the resale value if I did decide to let them go. You are chancing it a bit doing it online but I couldn't be happier with both my Laklands.
  5. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Call Bass Central down in Florida and talk to Gard, or PM Gard on this board. He is a VERY convincing salesman:D and can get you the best price on any Lakland that you could possibly want. I bought my 55-94 there, and could not be happier.
  6. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Second that....I've bought 2 Laklands and a Stingray 5 from Beaver, Gard, and the crew at Bass Central. Best possible people to deal with.
  7. so nobody has one that lives here? I will probably end up going the bass central route but I would feel more secure if I could just try one to see if it's right without going through the whole system.
  8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

Thanks Silvermanez and Mike!!! :D

Just doin' my job man, just doin' my job.

Globalpantaloons, gimme a shout, I'll hook ya up.