Lakland Jerry Scheff sig model

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by natrab, Feb 4, 2004.

1. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I was wondering if anyone out there plays this bass. I love the lipstick pickup sound of my dano. It's funny that I use it more than my Fender that costs 4 times as much. For anything but funk/slap/walking ska lines I love the dano. However it just doesn't have the weight or the feel of my Fender for the said styles. I'm wondering if this Lakland can cover all the basses.

I still love the vintage pickup sound on my fender, but I'd like a bass that sounds better finger-style and has the lipsticks.

Also, what do you guys think of the skyline version of this bass?
  2. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    I am interested in this bass as well. Does anybody own one?
  3. girlybassplaya

girlybassplaya Guest

Mar 24, 2004
    No, but its beautiful. . .drooling. . . perhaps it would just take time to get aquainted with the new bass' weight and feel?
  4. I've never played the jerry scheff sig line of basses but I can say that generally speaking the lakland skyline basses seem to be just as nice as the USA made stuff.
  5. I have a Skyline Jerry Scheff 5 in Inca Silver w/Rosewood on order. It is being shipped to me straight from Lakland. I will definitely make sure I post some pics and opinions on it once I get it. I will also tell the incredible price I got. I cannot wait to get it. It should be here in the next week or two.

6. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Anybody have or play one of these yet, I'm wanting one real bad!!!
  7. RumbleBeeAL

Jun 8, 2009
    Mobile, AL