Lakland Joe Osborn 5 Stringer??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Oct 14, 2002.

1. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    anyone try one?

how'd it fare?
  2. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I have one and love it... Plays and sounds great... Mine is the active one.. I'll send you a few pics and more af a review in an e-mail... Steven...
  3. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    ya know, you could have done all that in the thread so interested parties like myself could see too;)
  4. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    According to the Lakland website, JOs come with a Bart preamp option. I understand some players have J-Retros in their JOs.

Was this another Lakland option, a retail dealer's custom-option, or did you put it in yourself?

What difference in tone did you achieve?

Anybody hear if the Skyline JO 5s (due out in November) will have a specific preamp, or be passive?
  5. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Dan Lakin says Skyline JO 5 strings have a J-Retro option, factory installed. I understand that his shop will do the installation.

I just put in my order through BassNW.
  6. G

Apr 12, 2000
    I absolutely love the JO 5. Passive all the way. Even with the 35" scale, it is the best 5 string J around. However, I really don't have much experience with the J-retro...
  7. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    does it come in a fretless version?
  8. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Hey G,

Can you comment on the tone of the JO bass, as compared to other basses that we might be familiar with (Fender Jazz, Sadowsky, Lakland 55-94, etc.).

Does your bass have the Fralin pick ups?
  9. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    alright people.... lets see some pics, lets hear the details! I will probably order a skyline JO 5 tomorrow!

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Probably? :)
  11. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Gard??? Adrian??

If neither of the regular TB posters who are also Lakland dealers don't get in touch with you please contact me and I'll be glad to assist you.

(707) 546-3833
  12. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

the damage is done.... I don't really want to hear it Nino, I hear you are on the list as well!