Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland Joe Osborn pickguard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by duke2004, May 19, 2005.

1. duke2004

duke2004 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Cambridge, Mass.
    Ok, call me lazy, instead of spending an hour and ordering the wrong item, but I want to make sure i get the right thing. Looking for someone who does replacement pickguard for the JO bass. I happen to have a 4 string, and I have been told its more the 60s body than the 70. Any Lakland fans done this change? I have a Lake Placid blue with antique white pickguard and rosewood board. Im thinking a near black pg would be mondo coolo.

2. deftim69

deftim69

Jun 11, 2003
    Go to ebay and search . There is one company on there that has them. I got 3 colors for mine.

3. duke2004

duke2004 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Cambridge, Mass.
    pretty cool stuff. thanks. anyone know of another source?

4. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    When I looked for a pickguard for my JO4 I found that only Jeannie pickguards would fit perfectly. Steve over at the dude pit told me that they make the guards for Lakland so they have all the templates readily available. The shape is a bit different and the hole locations are also different than a Fender. I believe they are different than even the USA made JO4's. So Jeannie is definitely the place to go for a clean perfect fit. Besides all that when I called them up to discuss options the guy was very helpful, the kind of service you rarely see anymore. Just my .02 hope it helps

5. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL