Lakland, Modulus, and EA's for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Larry Kaye, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Nice quilted tealburst Lakland Deluxe 5594, USA made, birdseye maple finger board, maple neck. Bartolinin j & MM pickups, volume, pan, bass, midrange, and treble. Coil switch for the MM pickup. Straplocks.

Two small dings on upper horn, light surface scratches, neck is perfect, low action, bass otherwise in beautiful condition. Hardshell case in excellent condition also.

Looking to cut my inventory. For those who are serious only....I will get you pictures but my bass is on Bass Central's site about 10 from the bottom of the Lakland 5 string listings, still there from when I bought it 1.7 years ago. I'll direct you if you can't find a tealburst Lakland with a grey/silver background!!

$1750 + shipping and insurance.

Modulus Q5, blueburst quilted top, 11 years old, surface scratches and a couple beebee knicks. Neck and frets in excellent condition, no trussrod...doesn't need it!! EMG electronics, 3 band eq, non-original hardshell in fair/good condition, low action, sounds and plays great, $995 + shipping ... firm

2 EA 208 cabinets, one 18, one 24 months old, not worked hard, never abused. Both have tight punchy tone, 2 8 inch woofers, 2 5 inch midrange, and a 3 inch tweeter, 2 attenuators. Both in excellent, cared for condition. Only the corners show wear along with a couple kitty hairs on them that I'll try to get to if you're serious. $825 for both $425 for one + shipping and insurance. The price is firm on these. Recommend buying both unless you already have an EA 110 or 210 or an equivalent in which case, one will do ya fine!!

If want to trade or you're just window shopping, kicking tires, or are trying to get away cheap on any of the above, please don't waste my time.

Larry Kaye
  2. Larry Kaye

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I didn't mean to be an ogre with my no trade clause and "don't bother me unless you're REALLY interested" comments. I am both impatient and honest when selling my equipment. I'm not interested in people who want to play negotiating games.

This is top notch equipment I'm selling here that I no longer can afford to be holding on to. I'm very motivated to sell but am not going to just "give it away". I'm neither desparate or otherwise in financial distress. I can wait out the storm to sell these pieces at realistic market prices.

I'm not going to sell this stuff for 15-20% less than what I'm asking just 'cause there's a nick or two in the finish on both of these basses. That's already figured into the price.

So here's the status. I may be willing to negotiate a little on the Lakland, but the other items have already been reduced to my bottom line. Please don't make me offers under what is quoted in the ad. I won't take them! Don't waste either of our time.

I also can't be trading. I have all the equipment I want or need in addition to the things I'm selling here. Please don't offer me trades. Don't waste either of our time.

Again, please don't take offense at my directness. I'd rather be dealing with one serious potential buyer than to have to field another 20 tire kicker inquiries.

You all know what Lakland's look like and sound like. You all know what Q5's look like and sound like. You all know what EA's look like and probably have a good idea about how they sound. If you're ready to buy and you need a picture to see the quilt/color on these basses, fine. I'll get it to you shortly.

I'd suggest that you decide if you want a Lakland 5 or a Modulus Q5 first and whether you can afford what I'm asking. If so, and you want to buy one of these basses pending officially seeing the color/quilt/back etc. Let's talk.

All the equipment I'm selling is in really nice shape. The Lakland has two nicks where my mic stand accedentally fell onto the bass and the microphone clip hit it. It's goergeous otherwise!!

The Modulus is in exactly the same condition I bought it in during May this year. It's 11 years old and was gigged quite a bit as can be seen by all the surfacey scratches. I bought is as a backup bass. It's too clean sounding for me, especially when coupled with the EA's and now an Epifani 310.

Still sounds good, plays easy, neck's in great shape.

EA's have slight corner wear...that's it. Great small cabs, realistic pricing.

Let's do business.

Larry Kaye
  3. I bought Larry's GS112. He's good people. Buy his stuff. :D

(by way of a BUMP)
  4. Larry Kaye

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    glad the package arrived safely.
  5. Larry Kaye

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I'll go $1695 on the Lakland and $795 for both EA's if someone wants to make a quicker deal.

Email me at if interested.

6. kernpre

Sep 12, 2002
    Hey Larry-

I didn't know you had the lakland for sale. Perhaps could have swung something. Not that I need another bass !!!

How are you digging the epi? What pre are you using?
  7. Larry Kaye

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    The epifani is excellent. Great tone and volume. nice punch. I'm not using a separate preamp. I have a sunn 1200 s integrated amp.