Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland neck issues

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by DWBass, Feb 1, 2005.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I have a minor [hopefully] problem with the setup on the neck of my Lakland 55-01. When I received the bass, the action was way too low to even be playable and had horrible fret buzzing which was suprising to me as I thought all Laklands get setup properly before leaving 'home'! Anyway, I took it to a local music store to have it setup to my taste but it seems to be still off because I have a lot of fret buzz espescially on the B,E and A strings! I'm thinking these cats only raised the string heights and did no adjusting of the neck! Any thoughts would be appreciated as I love the feel, sound and looks of this bass and I'd hate to have to let it go due to unplayability! I tend to dig in a little which of course contributes to the fretbuzzing but I have 6 other basses and non buzz like this one. And now that I'm thinking about it, the nut grooves look pretty deep meaning the the strings look like they are sitting pretty deep.

Thanks

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Take the bass back to the store where you had it set-up and tell them you're not happy with the results. If they care about keeping you as a customer, they should re-do the set-up at no charge. Also, bring one of your other 6 basses to show them how you would like the Lakland to be set-up.