1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lakland Owners Group #69

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Feb 18, 2014.

1. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    hmmmm...34"? seems odd....maybe the seller is wrong.

2. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    How about some Lakland/Hamilton in Puerto Rico action? The bass part is at 1:15. I'm not completely sure because the shot is only of the back, but I think he's got a Lakland hollowbody on the stand next to him.

basspraiser and blondmix3 like this.
  3. soundsupport1

soundsupport1

Aug 17, 2017
    Just read through the email about the Lakland B-stock sales (I guess some of you read this a while ago),
    but it mentions
    Select B-stock / demo US basses / Beat the Jan. 15 Price Increase!!!!!

Anybody know any more about a Jan 15 price increase? Is it only the US stuff, or does it apply across the range?

Cheers,
    SoundSupport

4. Good question... hopefully it doesn’t apply to Skylines. Such great basses at fair prices, IMO. If there’s a price increase on the U.S. Laklands, better take out a second mortgage.

5. I'm A Little late to the party. But nevertheless happy to be here. I have a Skyline 55-01 in 3TSB. Plays great would love to try a 4 string someday or a USA model. Happy plucking :) 20181125_215531.

MAXSPINRUN, basspraiser and GregC like this.
  6. As far as I know, prices will by increased by 7% across product range.

7. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    They have to increase prices ever so often to keep up with the ever growing costs of living.

8. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    My wife and I are in Port Arthur coming for a team of 40 people for a week who are helping with hurricane clean up.

This town is really in need of help... Coming in we saw many piles of scrap building materials on the curb side... Many houses have to be gutted.

We have the easy job.... IMG_20190107_065815436. IMG_20190107_072344053.

9. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Welcome! A 55-01 was my main for quite a few years. Stick around here and you'll likely wind up trying a 4 string and a USA. It's inevitable!

Jamvan likes this.
  10. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Port Arthur has been hurting for a while. Enjoy your stay. If you get to come near the east side of Houston, give me a call.

basspraiser likes this.
  11. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    You’re a great man Doug! Thank you for helping!

12. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northeast OH
  13. An older SKB-44 bass case. Works for me.

14. Thanks, I've decided to go with a Reunion Blues Continental Voyager. Just have to send them (Reunion Blues) my DJ4 dimensions to be sure it's a good fit.

OnederTone likes this.
  15. Hello everyone! Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I think I'm finally going to make my first jump into the world of Lakland basses this week and I'm incredibly excited. I found a great deal on this customized "44-94". Apparently it was custom ordered to have a 35" inch scale, jazz bass pickups, and an ebony fretboard. The seller is asking less than $2k and I dont think I can pass it up! I wanted to post the bass here to get everyone's blessing before I move forward. Check out a few pictures below and tell me what you think!
    00M0M_2jYFnt1d1vR_1200x900.

00H0H_gWCm0mfP8Gm_1200x900.

00i0i_Od0sEBL9UW_600x450.

JEDI BASS, GregC, OnederTone and 6 others like this.
  16. inthebassclef

inthebassclef Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    I would do it. Great looking bass

chlandon and basspraiser like this.
  17. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs

That my friend is what is called a dual J.... And a super sweet one at that!

It looks active... The triple knobs on the top row are a bit perplexing.

Is it Fretless!????

Love that top...

I'm drooling... under $2k? Jump... Don't tip toe

chlandon likes this.
  18. It's not fretless. But I love how clean the ebony neck is without the markers :)
    I believe it has a push/pull active/passive knob as part of the master volume control? (Is that even possible? I'm honestly not sure!) And according to the seller, the extra knob on the top row is a passive tone knob.
    I'm so excited to see this maple burl in person!

basspraiser likes this.
  19. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs

Ok.... That makes alot of sense!

I have a passive time knob on my 5507.

That is gorgeous....

Congrats

chlandon likes this.
  20. halfwound121

halfwound121 Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2011
    marion, south carolina
    Dean Foods milk and ice cream, juice and belly-wash. I promise not to promote them here.
    Love my Decades as well. I have both a long and short scale. Below is part of my Lakland collection: Skyline Chi-Sonic, US Decade, US P/J. Not shown: Skyline JO, Skyline HB30, US Decade SS. fullsizeoutput_2205.

Si-bob, saltymonkey, maui-san and 5 others like this.