Lakland Reminiscing

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BaroqueBass, Jul 31, 2003.

1. BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    This is for people to share the beauty that was the old Lakland Forums, back in the day like 3 or 4 years ago. Unmoderated, never really visited by any bass players, the Lakland forums were always fun to go to and see what sort of mayhem and mischief the posters could find. They never talked about Lakland basses, or even basses at all, it was more a free for all of name-calling and people boasting their superior virtuoso skills. I believe "kevin" was the star. Was that his name? The super ultra-prick who would attack anyone. mmmmm, those were good days.

If you ever went there, share your memories!
  2. ...hmm unmodded... thats never a good idea :meh:
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    only when the board is huge and filled with kids.

I have seen many an unmodded or lightly modded board, they work just fine. It really just depends on the demographic and the principle topic.
  4. yeah i guess thats true. stuff like the event that happened earlier are what makes me happy to have mods =]
  5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Oh yeah!!! :D

I used to love watching our own Munjibunga bait Kevin. Brilliant stuff!!!
  6. was it filled with a bunch of people like the overlooked?? that must of been interesting if so :p
  7. Yep, i definitely remember Kevin and all his know, I wonder what happened to that guy :D
  8. rambled onto a diff forum ? :D:D
  9. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Much like a person who has to slow down at traffic accidents, I lurked at the Lakland forum as well.

Alt.guitar.bass was the fix for my psychodrama jones for quite some time. It really was better than cable.;)