1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lakland replacment pre

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by blackreverend, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Hey all,

I'm thinking about replacing the pre in my 55-94 (it's starting to crap out) with a new one, and my optons that im considering are

-Demeter
    -new Bart NTMB-L
    -new Lakland
    -Aguilar OBP-3

I've heard a lot about these, but the only one I have experience with is the Bart Lakland. What i'm looking for is all of your recomendations as to what I should do; I'm probably not going to replace the pickups too, so take that into consideration.

The sound I'm going for is a pretty clean one, with 2 basic setting is use all the time; bassy p-bass sound, or a bridge middy Jaco burp sound.

All help is appreciated,
    Blackreverend

2. Bellbass

Bellbass Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
  3. high mileage

high mileage

Apr 17, 2006
    Rockford IL
    I'd hold off until the Lakland made pre is available. Been thinking about changing out the pickups and pre in my 55-94 when they're available.

Curious, what's up with your pre? Is it a Bart? How old is the bass? :confused:

4. Well, I'm asking for opinions, and a few people have already tried them, so I was hoping one of them would chime in. As for my bass, the pre is a bart, and the problem is at times, the signal cuts off; pups and jack are ok, so it must be the pre.