1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lakland Skyline 44-01D upgraded with chi-sonic pups and LH-3 preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Holdsg, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    If you were looking for a great sounding active jazz bass for under $1K, look no further.

Asking price is $900 shipped CONUS in SKB molded hard case, or $800 shipped CONUS in a conventional gig bag. Will not ship outside North America, so don't ask.

This is the 2010 Limited Edition 44-01D in Trans Blue, quilted top, maple board. Professionally upgraded by Pat Wilkin's shop with drop-in Chi-Sonic singles and the Lakland/Hanson LH-3 preamp. Note: I no longer own the original electronics.
    I am the original owner and the bass has been outside the house maybe 4 times. Weight is 9.5 lbs. Condition is 10/10.

The Chis sound great, paired with the LH-3, they really sing. But I recently procured an active jazz that I like just a little bet better, so this one is expendable.

Many people buy 44-01s because they are the lowest price Laklands and upgrade them. I have already done the work for you, for near the price of a new 44-01D.

pics posted in a few minutes.

2. Holdsg

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    DSCN2349.

The stacked knob has since been upgraded to match the other dome knobs.

DSCN2351.

DSCN2352.

DSCN2356.

DSCN2358.

Sound clips of this bass, post-upgrade, are available, PM me if interested.

3. Holdsg

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    sold, pending local pickup, thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.