1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Lakland Skyline 44-02 Deluxe – Very Light

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Blues Infidel, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blues Infidel

Blues Infidel Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    SOLD

2004 model. Made in Korea. Original Bartolini Pickups. I bought this bass new and it was my #1 player for quite some time. I've slowly gravitated to more ‘jazz’ type basses and 5-strings, so this bass hasn’t seen much action for the last couple of years.

It’s in great shape, especially considering it was my main gigging bass. Only one small ding where the clear coat chipped off (see photos) and a slight nick in the channel for the truss rod adjustment. Plays great, sounds great, and is very versatile. At around 7 3/4 lbs, it is probably the lightest solid body bass I have ever played. No issues other than the blemishes mentioned. I’d love to hang on to it, but I just have too many basses and this one should be played. Bass comes with a gig bag that I bought with the bass. It’s pretty basic, but the bass fits perfectly and it’s done a great job of protecting the bass over the years.

$825 shipped & insured CONUS. (Sorry - not shipping out of USA) PayPal works for me, but I can make other arrangements if needed.

Although I would prefer an outright sale, I would consider the following in a trade deal + $$$ as appropriate: Sadowsky, Roscoe, Modulus.

I would also consider a recent micro head from Gallien-Krueger, Genz-Benz, Eden, etc., as part of a trade deal.

IMG_0414.

IMG_0413.

IMG_0415.

IMG_0417.

IMG_0416.

IMG_0422.

More photos here: Lakland 44-02 Deluxe pictures by bluesinfidel - Photobucket

2. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    sweet bass bumbage!

3. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    Thanks - it's a great bass.

4. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    Deal pending ...

5. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    Deal didn't pan out. Bass is available.

6. Wow, very attractive!

7. prbass

prbass

May 1, 2008
    McGregor, TX
    Pmd

8. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    All PM's returned - bass is still available. Trust me on this ... if you play 4 string in a gigging band - you want this bass.

9. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    This is awesome. Width at the nut same as your average Precision neck?

10. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    This is slightly narrower that an average Precision neck and slightly wider than a Jazz Bass neck. Lakland site says 1.6" @ the nut which sounds about right.

11. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    Yeah, same as musicman stingray nutwidths, which is PERFECT IMO. Love my 44-02.

Bumpage for a killer bass

12. screaminglucy

screaminglucy

Jul 20, 2009
    TX, USA
    with it being so light does it neck dive? or do the ultralites balance it well?

13. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    That's a great question and something I never thought about until you asked. The short answer is no, it doesn't neck dive. I think its probably a combination of the tuners and the weight of the neck (which must also be fairly light) and shape of the body, but it feels very balanced.

14. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    Updated trade options to include some amp possibilities ...

15. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    A couple of interesting trade offers, but nothing firm yet - bass is still available.

16. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    New price: $825 shipped CONUS.

17. svt1233

svt1233 Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2012
    wow. bump for this awesome bass

18. Blues Infidel

Oct 7, 2002