Lakland skyline 44-02 vs MM sterling

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Mar 17, 2004.

1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    i'm looking for a new four for around 2000€ or less if its possible, so i went to the web and started the recopilation of information. Just took me like an hour to find these two fantastic basses. I'm almost convinced that the lakland has superior cuality in construction and electronics, but I wanted to know what you guys think abut these 2 basses so it would be nice if you can suggest me wich one should I buy. THX.
  2. my personal preference is for a sterling. but i've only played the american parts lakland 44-94, not the korean parts 44-02.

both basses are very versatile and comfortable, but in different ways. i really like the smaller body of the sterling and the single pickup. that way i don't have to worry about blending and altering the EQ on the preamp.

i really enjoyed the 44-94 and i got some great sounds on it. it has bartolini pickups, not seymour duncan, so that might have contributed to a more "refined" tone that what i associate with a sterling.

i recommend you play both before buying, if that's possible, or try to limit your search to only basses you can play before buying. it's really better that way.