1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lakland Skyline 44-60

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DrThumpenstein, Jan 16, 2021.

1. DrThumpenstein

DrThumpenstein Living for the groove Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Pristine condition Lakland Jazz bass with 60s spacing. Does all the great J tones, from growly to deep reggae thump. Traditional J-shaped sunburst, white 3-layer pickguard, bound maple fretboard with white pearloid inlays. One piece maple neck, very stable. Truss rod works perfectly. I have made minor adjustments when changing strings with no difficulty. Stable tuning and it intonates perfectly. Action is low and the neck plays very fast. Strung with the LaBella’s in the light gauge. (I love the sound and feel of these LaBella‘s.) The only hint of wear on this bass are couple of extremely superficial scratches on the electronics cover that you can only see from close distance with light directly behind you. Nothing you can feel to the touch and no dings on the wood anywhere. Sounds great, electronics all work perfectly.

I have taken this instrument to band practices but have not gigged with it. Mostly played in my home with controlled humidity. This bass was crafted in Indonesia and finished in Chicago, where I believe the neck was plek’d. The fret job is spot on.

Comes with a hardshell SKB case that was purchased separately and shows normal scratches, scuffs, and wear. It is in perfect working order and fits this bass very nicely.

Will split shipping with buyer to continental US or anywhere outside Con US at buyer's expense.
    IMG_0016.jpg
    image0.jpeg image4.jpeg image3.jpeg image1.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    GregC likes this.
  2. rigorous bass

rigorous bass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Great looking bass! Do you know the weight by chance?

3. DrThumpenstein

DrThumpenstein Living for the groove Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    Thanks! It weighs 9 lb 4 oz. I just sold it, though. Thanks for your interest.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021