SOLD Lakland Skyline 55-01 for Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lousybassplayer, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looking to trade my fretted 55-01 Skyline for a lined fretless. I can mix cash up or down as necessary, but not much more than 150 on my end. Looking mostly for a jazz style passive 5, but I'll entertain any options. This is a great bass, good for an inexpensive and versatile workhorse, I just don't really need it anymore. I'll sell outright for around 575-650 shipped depending on shipping costs. As you can tell I'd prefer trades. What have you got?

Attached Files:

2. Anyone got a MIM jazz fretless they don't want? Gotta be something out there!

3. jmattis

jmattis Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Washington DC
    Any interest in this?

Robin body, Moses graphite neck, passive Barts.

Is that 55-01 completely original?

4. Bump for update. I might have a trade in the works, but if it falls through I can sell outright for 625 shipped.

I can't get no love :(

5. mrniceguy715

mrniceguy715

May 2, 2006
    oklahoma
    there was a guy i think his name is happyface? has a fretless 55-01 for trade with some upgrades

6. yeah, I saw that and got all excited, but I think he was wanting strictly 4s at this time. Thanks though.

7. hehe. I had posted something in your thread, but deleted it. i saw this and got a little fuzzy too, but i think i am looking more for a -02 and in something other than natural.

good luck with your sale/trade!

8. Yeah, the natural doesn't seem to be a big hit. I like it, but I'm a minority on that. As for the 02, I agree completely, but the 01 is good enough when you consider the cost difference as long as you don't have either. As you do, this doesn't apply here. Thanks fort he well wishes

9. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    I may be interested in buying. I have a Douglass fretless 5 from Rondo, but it's not in the same league as the Lakland
    wpb955tflna1a.jpg

10. Hogie,
    I might consider trade+cash too. Still mulling on it

11. joel kelsey

joel kelsey

Aug 1, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    I have a MIM Fender fretless that I would be willing to trade. Would you want cash as well?

12. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    I REALLY like Lakland basses and I'm GASsing hard for a 35" 5-string, but I think I'm going to acquire a variax 705 and eventually put a 35" neck on it.

Oh, and I played my Douglas last night, and it sounds too good to trade right now (I'd end up buying another one). I would recommend one if you are in the market for a cheaper fretless.

13. dmq89

dmq89 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Selkirk, MB, Canada
    PM sent!!!

14. IT seems I have 2 1/2 MIM jazz trade offers. I am working the two that have PM'd so one of those two is probably going to take it. If you have something other than that feel free to make an offer, but these guys have priority and dang near hit the nail on the head for me. Thanks, all

15. Gone. Thanks to anyone who looked!

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.