Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LAkland Skyline 55-01...seeks new home

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Johnny BoomBoom, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Finally giving in and selling the Lakland. Bought on a whim last year on Ebay. not my best purchase, as the headstock turned out to be more damaged than I thought.....

This has tarnished my view of the bass, however in an attempt to improve my view of the bass, and so that I could sell it on without any issues on my consciennce, I contacted Dan Lakin and bought a new neck from him - which has been professionally installed and setup!

Now, I feel able to sell it on properly. This is the Skyline series 55-01, Sunburst Finish, Maple fingerboard, Bartolini Mk1 Pickups, 3 Band EQ - I'm sure if you're looking you'll have an appreciation of the specs.

Basically, I'm going to survive on my 2 Spector 5 stringers - which I prefer the feel of, my SUB, and my P-bass for now. Also Biking season is about to start, and as I don't touch this bass, it's time to convert it into something useful.

The bass will ship in a hardcase - a Hiscox Liteflite case which I've confirmed it fits! It will ship with the old neck too as proof that the neck on it is brand new - paperwork and emails from Dan Lakin will also accompany this!

The bass has been set up with Ernie Ball nickel strings, which again are effectively new.....I've probably played this bass less than 1 hour since the new strings were put on......

Neck is immaculate (it's brand new after all) ,the body has some light scuffing - which you can catch at the right angle with the light....almost all of the scuffing is on the back, and therefore not visible to an audience. The tuning pegs have been transferred over, and there are some visible tooling marks - from the first time someone tried to repair the original neck.....

Otherwsie the only weird bit is the neck pickup has two normal metallic screws and the bridge has blackened screws - I'm guessing the plating may have worn off.....but they were like that when I got it. The original seller was I believe the first owner, and he I believe bought it as a shop demonstrator.

Pics will hopefully be taken tonight, with a view to putting it on ebay tomorrow (it's a 10p listing day I plan to take advantage of!).

What I'm looking for, is £500 which includes the hardcase, the old neck and paperwork as proof this is a brand new neck. Shipping will be at cost. I may be willing to ship to Europe.

If anyone wants more info, or would like me to email pics when I get them tonight, please let me know and I'll be happy to oblige!

Thanks for looking!
    :)

EDIT: Re-thought price. Shipping now at cost.

EDIT 2: Confirmed, it'll ship in a used, but immacualte Hiscox Liteflite Hardcase

2. Riccobass

Riccobass Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Would you ship to the usa?If so how much would that be in USD?

3. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I PM'ed ya about your old neck.

4. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    What kind of bike do you ride? I've an '01 R6.

5. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Another peice of scooter trash! I used to have a '99 Ducati 900 Supersport.

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Folks - many apologies for my lack of closure!

The bass actually sold a number of weeks ago, and I neglected to close out this thread with a SOLD message......

My apologies. Also, I managed to find a buyer for the old neck.....so that I'm afriad is gone too!!!

As to bikes, well, my first bike after passing my test here was a 2000 Kawasaki ZX-6R.......being slightly larger than average (6'0" and 210 lbs....) I found bikes like the R6 and GSXR600 of the time too small to be comfortable for any lenght of time.....

Nowadays, I ride a K4 Suzuki SV1000S......V twin is a lot of fun.......but I do miss the ZX......

Anyway folks, thanks for your interest........I hope you get sorted with your respective requirements.......the Lakland is a real nice bass.....maybe someday in the future I'll re-aquaint myself with the brand!!!:bassist: