1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lakland Skyline 55-60, Inca Silver, Aguilar Pickups, John East Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ToeJam76, Jun 16, 2014.

1. ToeJam76

ToeJam76

May 15, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale is a mint condition, 5 string, Lakland Skyline Series 55-60 Deluxe (aka Joe Osborn signature series bass) in Inca Silver. This bass was bought new by me two years ago and has barely been used outside of the house. There are no scratches, dings or damage on this bass. It is in mint condition! This is a deluxe model so it has the bound fingerboard and big block inlays.

I have made the following upgrades to this bass:
    I installed a John East J-Retro 01 active preamp. This is a $300 upgrade. This preamp has an active/passive switch, a pick-up blend on/off switch. The first upper stacked knob is master volume with pickup blend on the bottom. The second stacked knob is a Treble on top (with push/pull for extra bright) with Bass on the bottom.
    The third knob is a Midrange Boost/Cut on top with a sweepable mid frequency on the bottom.

I have replaced the stock Lakland pickups with Aguilar AG 5J-HC Hum Cancelling pickups. These pickups are a $220 upgrade. This bass has zero pickup noise regardless of where the blend knob is set. These pickups are incredibly clear and punchy!

I upgraded the original white pickguard with a Black Pearl pickguard that was cut by the Lakland factory.

I will include the extras in the picture of the boxes for the upgraded equipment as well as the original pickups and control cavity plate with all knobs, pots and original input jack still attached.

I will include a Kaces "hardshell" gigbag for shipping. This gig bag is very protective and has a outer pouch big enough to fit a micro head (think Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 size head) in it as well as cables etc. Buyer pays shipping and insurance. You can contact fellow TalkBass member Derek Blakley for a personal reference on me. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks for looking!
    TJ

FullBassFront.JPG
    FullBassFront.JPG BackBodyDetail.JPG FrontBodyDetail.JPG PreampDetail.JPG HeadstockDetail.JPG FullBackDetail.JPG BackOfNeck.JPG Fingerboard_Detail.JPG Extras.JPG Tuners.JPG

2. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Sweet...

3. DiggidyDee

DiggidyDee

Jun 19, 2013
    Chicagoland
    Wow. Great bass. 35" 19mm I'm assuming? Weight?

4. ToeJam76

ToeJam76

May 15, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    DiggidyDee, Yes it's a beautiful looking, sounding and playing bass and I hate to get rid of it, but there is a kid on the way. So it's time to part with some things.
    But yes, it is a 35" scale.
    I believe it is a 19mm string spacing, but I will confirm that and post here as soon as I get a chance (at work right now).
    I'm unsure of the exact weight, but I think it's 9 to 9.5 lbs.

noworryigettum likes this.
  5. ToeJam76

ToeJam76

May 15, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    I ran home at lunch, so....yes, it is 19mm string spacing at the bridge. My hand shook a little as I was trying to frame the picture so the ruler slipped just a tad. It's currently strung with a brand new set of DR long neck taper wounds.

Attached Files:

6. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Nice bass with some cool upgrades!

Am I missing the price?

7. ToeJam76

ToeJam76

May 15, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Basspraiser,
    It's listed right there at the top of the posting: $1600.00 plus shipping. That's with the "hardshell" Kaces gig bag.

8. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    thanks....did not show up on my droid....weird

9. ToeJam76

ToeJam76

May 15, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    No problem. I have problems with the mobile app for this site too.

10. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Nice bass with tasteful upgrades using high quality components. A truly bump-worth instrument. Oh yes, great photography.

11. ToeJam76

ToeJam76

May 15, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks, Hawkeye! It really is a great bass and I hope I can find her a good new home!

12. ToeJam76

ToeJam76

May 15, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    There have been a few people asking about the gig bag. So here are some pictures of it. One note, the main instrument compartment zippers have the pull tabs broken off, but the zippers still work just fine. A quick trip to a fabric or sewing supply store could easily fix that. The bag has reenforced sides, top and back. The bass is VERY protected in it. You can fit a micro head in the outer pouch. I've put my Tone Hammer 500, cables, stand etc in mine. There is also a compartment in the big outer pouch for a notebook/sheet music/iPad/laptop. The instrument compartment has a neck rest/support and two zipper pouches on each side. I will ship with the bass in the gig bag, then place it inside a box with packing materials.

Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks, TJ

Attached Files:

13. galgoom

galgoom Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2009
    North NJ
    Fantastic! What can you say about sound difference compared to the original pickups and pre? Any sound clips?

14. ToeJam76

ToeJam76

May 15, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    SOLD!!

15. ToeJam76

ToeJam76

May 15, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Galgoom, The stock Lakland pu's were good, but more midrangey. The Ag's are wider in frequency response, bigger bottom, brighter but without harshness. They really make the upper register of the instrument sing during solos and chords are just clear as could be with them. The sustain on them was great without affecting the elipse of the E or B strings.