1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub w/Darkstar pickup!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JoeYello, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeYello

JoeYello

Sep 18, 2002
    New Jersey
    I am selling this beautiful Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub that has a factory installed Darkstar pickup and Fender molded case. I purchased this bass on the forum a couple of months back from the original owner. It has a new set of Lakland strings recently installed. Since it is black you can see some slight surface scratches and a couple of pick marks that could probably be buffed out. It has the regular P-Bass neck width. It also has a small ding between the pickguard and the bridge. It is not noticable, it was there when I received it. It plays beautifully but I recently made another purchase and I will be selling off some of my gear.

This is a pretty unique bass and would probably require a special order. Why wait for one. Give me the word and it ships tomorrow!:)

I am selling the bass for $800 shipped including Paypal. Would prefer Paypal for a quick transaction.

Please PM me and I will respond ASAP.

Thanks, Joe

[​IMG]

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    $800 is a steal, IMO. I don't imagine this lasting too long.

3. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    oh...my...gosh.....That looks so good. I'll bet that sounds KILLER!

I wish I had money!! This definitely won't last long.

4. JoeYello

JoeYello

Sep 18, 2002
    New Jersey
    I could ask for more but I would like a quick sale and would like to see it go to a TalkBass member.

This is a no haggle deal.

Besides buying this bass on TalkBass I also sold a Lull P-Bass about 2 years ago to a TalkBass member who I believe would vouch for me.

5. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Someone snap this up, great deal.

6. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    My pockets are empty but I want that - killer bass!

7. This might be the one that I played at Jivesound, which was a sweet, sweet bass.

8. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    If this is, in fact, the bass that Jive1 had for sale (and I think it is) let me add a few comments:

1. This is The One
    2. This is The One
    3. This is The One

This is the bass that prompted me to MAKE a DS P bass. We all know Jiver has two walls full of KILLER basses--but this is the one that I hung up the Roscoes and Lull to rock out on.

Imagine the best P bass you can possibly imagine, and then supercharge the tone knob--that's this bass. Roll the tone open and you have highs that will break glass, roll it off and you feel (more than hear) the pickup.

Awesome neck. A little single coil hum that you may not be used to, but who cares--this bass has it in spades. I was surprised to see this bass go up for sale once. I'm absolutely FLOORED to see it go up twice. Are you sure you want to sell this bass?

9. JoeYello

JoeYello

Sep 18, 2002
    New Jersey
    Update......................

Drivenmore has first dibs on the bass as he pm'd me and said he wanted it. I am just waiting to hear from him to finalize the sale. Should it fall through I have a PM pecking order.

Thanks for all the good words and replies. You guys are all very cool!:cool:

Joe

10. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

This was so tempting.

Rumor has it that Lakland is working on a 5-string version of the Glaub. There is also a 5-string Dark Star pickup soon to be released, and I'm hoping by then to have the funds for a 5-string version of this bass. :D

11. JoeYello

JoeYello

Sep 18, 2002
    New Jersey
    Buyer #1 emailed me this morning and is not taking the bass.:mad:

I had several other takers. I have responded to the second TB'er who said they would take it.

What's the proper amount of time to take before you give it to someone else after someone has indicated that they will take it? I waited around for someone yesterday who said they'd take it and then they backed down. I am trying to be fair about this but I'd like to sell this so I can move on. Should it be the first person you actually talk to?

I am a little confused about this and I am trying to do the right thing. Sorry if I am ranting.

12. I whole-heartedly apologize to Joe for saying first dibs then backing out. I was away from a computer all night from when I sent a PM, then was offered a deal I couldn't pass up while at rehearsal last night. Bad form on my part, mea culpa :bag:

13. JoeYello

JoeYello

Sep 18, 2002
    New Jersey
    Thanks for that post. I feel a little better now.;)

14. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    I recently saw the Wilco performance on Austin city limits and their bassist had Lakland with a DS in it... sounded full and round.

Someone snag this before I do!

BartmanPDX,
    I'm going to try one of those 5'er Glaub/DS's when they come out... any idea of when they are shooting for?

15. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    It's your bass, You're in control, sell it to whomever you choose. Primarily, I would say whoever pays first, but if you have a guy who promises he'll have the money in a few days/later tonight/in a week, I would wait for him if he seems sincere. I wouldn't necessarily wait for someone who simply says, "I'll take it."

That's all IMHO, and I choose that because that's how I would want to be treated. If something came up and you had to have the money right now, I would just sell the the first payer. A mature potential buyer will understand if you have to sell it immediately and can't wait.

16. fourstring44

fourstring44 In Memoriam

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
  17. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Well... ok.
    If you say so.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :D

Guess I'll need to sell a bass or two now.

18. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    he he he... go Ric Go! :bassist:

... the funny thing about cats all saying 'oh oh, hold it for me!!
    hold it for me!!
    hold it for me!!'...

The truth is... $ really speaks instantly, all else is just talk. :)

19. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

It's in the development phase right now, AFAIK. No time frame yet, though I think both US and Skyline versions will be introduced. Most likely they will have the 35" scale neck (same as 55 series), and a J pickup is probably an option for the US, but maybe not on Skylines. My guess is it will happen sometime in '07.

I'll try to post more info as it becomes available. Right now, some of this is speculative, though they are definitely working on the specs for a Glaub 5er, from what I've heard from a VERY reliable source.

Since Dark Stars are an option on the Glaub, I'm also assuming that the five-string pickup will be offered as an option on the new Glaub 5er, though I have no actual knowledge that this will be the case (it just seems logical).

Best of luck selling the bass, Joe. My birthday is next week, or I'd try to swing it myself. Instead, I'm playing it cool in the hopes that my wife will come through with something really cool like a Bergantino.

20. djcruse

djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    Not a rumor - they are beginning to work on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.