SOLD Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones 5 (DJ5) in Black Sparkle!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassbuddha, Dec 6, 2015.

1. bassbuddha

bassbuddha Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    Greetings TB! I’m clearing out a TREMENDOUS amount of gear after collecting far too much over the last 8 years. Please feel free to check out all of the other items I have listed as well.

Up for sale here is a Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones 5 (DJ5) in the black sparkle finish with matching headstock. This is the earlier version, but I’m uncertain exactly in what year it was made. I have owned it for just over 8 years after originally purchasing it here on TB. I believe it is an ash body with a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, with pearl blocks and binding. Scale length is 35”. It has the Aero single coils and the John East J-retro preamp. Condition is excellent to near mint, with only some minor finish swirling/light scratches on the back and one small pinhead size indention on the back of the bass, all of which is very difficult to photograph. None of the swirling goes through the top coat, as best as I can tell. I did modify the pick guard to the white pearl shown, and I’m also including the original white and a black pearl. Weight is 11 lbs. by the bathroom scale, and it has the tone to justify it. Includes a Sadowsky type case in excellent condition.

Full original specs are here:

Welcome to Lakland

And now, pictures!!!

IMG_4668.jpg IMG_4669.jpg IMG_4579.jpg IMG_4578.jpg IMG_4673.JPG

Price is $1150, professionally packed and shipped via Fed Ex to anywhere the continental US. Shipping to AK, HI, or Canada is a possibility, but please contact me for rates. Sorry, no other foreign transactions. Paypal accepted. I am willing to consider a few trades below, but please, nothing else if it's not included on this list. I have more gear than I know what to do with and absolutely have to clear some stuff out.

Thanks all!!!!

ONLY TRADE CONSIDERATIONS!!!!:

Nash Basses

Fodera Basses

Hofner Basses – German only!!!

Ampeg V4B

Ampeg SVT Heritage

Glockenklang Blue Sky

Bergantino NV115

Heil PR40

EV RE20

Sennheiser MD421

Distressor Compressor

Purple Audio MC77

nervous likes this.
  2. I put Aero pickups in my Custom Shop Jazz bass. These pickups really do the jazz bass growl when you beat on the strings. My all time fav jazz pickup.

GLWTS....

3. bassbuddha

Bump it up. Sorry for any delays in correspondence. Had some family medical issues this last week.

4. bassbuddha

Happy holidays bump!!!!

5. bassbuddha

This one is SOLD!!!

6. GrooveDaddy

GrooveDaddy Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Southern California
    As the new owner of this bass, I can say that the combination of the John East preamp and the Aero pickups is totally KILLER! Something about the combination of the preamp and the pickups really opens up the dynamics and expressiveness.

Thanks, bassbuddha!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021