Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones, $835

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cheezewiz, Jan 8, 2006.

1. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones 4 string. Black sparkle with a maple neck and board, with white block inlays and binding. I have both the stock white, and a black pickguard for the bass. The bass is in great condition with only minor scratching and marks. It has been gigged ALOT, but there are no major dings, or anything out of the ordinary. The bass has been taken care of.

The bass will ship in a Lakland hardshell case, but the case was damaged a bit in shipping, and one end is a bit bent. It is still fully functional.

I'm asking $835 firm shipped in the lower 48. I'll ship elsewhere at actual cost. No trades please. I have a chance to get my original Darryl Jones back, which I miss greatly, and the proceeds will go there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Man, oh man... why couldn't this be a 5'er??? I had my hopes up there for a second. Good luck with the sale.
    ---
    Chris

3. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    What a price! Not sarcasm, wish I had the money. Yo quiero

4. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    As folks may or may not know, DJs with a maple board are rare nowadays new or used.

If you want a DJ now, here it is. Or you can wait with the rest of em.

5. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Geez, Jive. Can't the Cheese remove that awful signature line yet?

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Unfortunately, not until the 25th.

7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I was going to ask why you were selling it, and then I read that you are trying to get your American made DJ back. That's about the only sane reason I could think of, so I guess it's okay. :D

Let me give this bass some big props. I've been able to play it briefly twice (once at one of Pat's gigs, and once at my house), and let me tell you, this is a killer instrument! If I hadn't recently picked up my 73 Jazz, I'd be all over this bass. It's one of the best 4-string J-basses I have played - including some that cost a whole lot more!

Great bass, and a great seller.

Tom.

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Thanks Tom! Actually, the DJ I'm trying to get back is also a Skyline. It was the first one Dude ordered on the Pit when the DJ model came out, and I absolutely fell in love with the thing. It's a white/rosewood model, and it was definitely my "wife" bass. The current owner mailed me and offered it back to me, so I gotta move the black one to make it happen. The black one is a great bass, but the white one was, "the one", if that makes sense!

9. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Gotcha. I guess I can live with that, too. :D

I'm glad that you'll still have a Skyline DJ4, because Tim and I want to do a head with your DJ4 (whichever one that might be), my 73 Jazz, and his Geddy Lee.

Tom.

10. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Cool. I'm hoping you'll include some EA gear in the testing. :) I've been thinking about a pearl/rswd DJ4 or 5 in the future.

Figured this would be gone by now.

11. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    We definitely need to do that! :D

12. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    If anyone is remotely interested, PM me. I don't wanna have to evilbay this beauty.

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    SOLD!

14. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Yeah, I guess I talked myself into this one, eh? :D