1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lakland Skyline Decade Pick Up Cover Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by peabody, Aug 16, 2012.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I just got a great deal on a Skyline Decade, so I guess as of about 2 hours ago, I'm a Lakland owner again (yea!).

This particular Decade model has the CHISonic pickups that don't have the chrome trim around the pups....they have a plain Lakland cover. Not a big deal to me, because it is still a cool bass.

I found a couple of threads (from around 2010) that discussed the switch to these plain pickup covers, so I know the reasoning behind it, but it appears the new Skyline Decades have the pickups with the chrome trim again. I was just wondering if the plain covers were just a temporary thing, and if they were, how long it may have lasted.

I kind of got the impression when I read the threads, a lot of people really disliked the look of the plain covers, so I'm guessing maybe that's why they switched back to the chrome trim.

Personally, I kind of like the plainer look, mainly because you don't see a lot of them out there...and I've always liked unique.

I was just wondering if anyone had any additional information.

decade1.

2. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I thought they switched because of grounding problems. Same pickups, different covers, right? I love my Decade. such a wide range of available tones.

3. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Can we see what the other pickups look like?

4. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Crappy picture, but something like this - from october 2008

[​IMG]