1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lakland Skyline DJ 5 VS. MM Stingray 5 H

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sport88, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Lakland Skyline DJ 5

13 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. MM Stingray 5 (single H)

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. sport88

sport88

Nov 1, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Simply put, if you could have one or the other, which would it be ?

2. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    I'd take the DJ-but this is truly an apples vs oranges situation.

3. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Well The SR5 is my favorite production level 5 string. The only reason I am letting mine go is because I just bought Bill H's 5594 and now I would like to have a 5 string Jazz because I am in a big 10 pc funk band and the Jazz really fits tonally with a lot of the older tunes we play. You cant go wrong with a Jazz or an SR5 in my opinion. I am not that crazy about the DJ's spacing and weight but for just a few songs a night I would love the tone of it. The weight issue is the only thing that I don't dig about Skylines.

4. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    +1. And beyond apples and oranges, where's the carrots option?:D

5. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    I have both but 4' S :) since both are great and so different

6. sport88

sport88

Nov 1, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    bump for more results !

7. Both great basses, me, I'd have the 'ray, but I just like 'rays. The DJ5 is a fantastic bass, a mate of mine has one, and it's just stunning. Put the two names in a hat, shut your eyes, and pick one.

8. basadam

basadam

Nov 29, 2005
    DJ5 anyday. Nothing against MM, I just don't like the sound of that MM pup there.

9. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

Hmm...interestingly enough, I find that to be the only issue I have with SR5's. :cool: If you shop around, and are patient, you can find reasonably lighter basses in each brand. My DJ5 is right at 9lbs.

I am currently on the hunt for an SR5 to go along with my DJ5. :D

10. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    i totally dig the DJ...never owned a stingray, but i've played enough to know it's really not my preference

11. I like my SR5 more than the other lak's i have played...but i have an upgraded H. Tempted to try a DJ