1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Lakland Skyline Duck Dunn

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Exemonium, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exemonium

Exemonium Supporting Member

May 13, 2010
    Well, it's sad to say I'm looking to trade my Duck Dunn bass. It's beyond gorgeous, but it's just not my sound. I used to have a Marcus Miller that got more playtime than this one, but this was was too pretty to sell, so the MM went bye bye...oops!

That being said, I'm looking for a jazz bass. I'd like a 5 string, but moreso prefer an active bass. However, a Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones is a very welcomed trade(especially black or white), and I'll work out the electronics if need be.

I will be putting pics up in just a little bit, it's pretty mint with a couple minor nicks. Have a hard case but it's not a Lakland hard case.

My top list of what I'm looking for would be

Marcus Miller
    Warwick $$
    Darryl Jones

2. screaminglucy

screaminglucy

Jul 20, 2009
    TX, USA
    Weight?

3. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    Handy dandy bathroom scale shows about 8.5-9lbs.

4. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    bump for pics!!!

5. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Color?

6. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    I did the best with what I had. I just moved and for some reason the camera and it's battery were packed separately. I used my phone, sorry for poor quality.

Attached Files:

7. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    Those inlays are to die for!!! Probably the main reason I kept it over any other bass!

Attached Files:

8. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    Absolutely no buckle rash, the two dots are reflection, it's absolutely clean on back. But there is a small nick on the upper horn.

Attached Files:

9. Any interest in just selling it?

10. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    ack, I dunno. It's my last and only bass. I fear I may not find what I'm looking for and just buy anything. But if all else fails, or I find something someone is only selling that I really want, I'll surely visit the road of selling it.

11. Ooooooooooo,,, loves me some Dunn!!

12. AngryJohnny

AngryJohnny

Apr 23, 2010
    Indiana
    What model of pickup is in this one? If I remember correctly the Duck Dunn had a couple versions(?).

13. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    I actually asked the same question a while back. I'm pretty sure the result was not the fralin. So just the regular lakland. Serial starts with 0704 if that helps you.

14. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    Well....I think I may have found a couple that are only for sale, so mine may end up being put up for sale. But ill wait a few to see what trades knock on my door first.

...bump

15. Any interest in an ESP J-four? Custom "Nevada" black finish, maple neck, and factory jazz seymour duncan pups.

16. any interest in a craig gruber [infinite metal werkz]kick your ass bass w/ohsc all maple neck thru!

17. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    Living and Mark, Thank you very much for the offers but I have some very interesting and great offers on the table right now that I'm definitely considering. But please do continue with offers :)

18. I also have a hot rod'd Geddy with an Audre pre, barts, d-tuner, etc... but I couldn't do a straight trade for a Dunn.

Where was this Dunn made? Case included? Cash price?

19. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    Made in Korea, I have a hardshell case that I can include, but it's not the lakland one, and I don't have a cash price yet as I'm not ready to move into selling it over trading it. Though, That could change soon as there is a lovely DJ5 and Warwick $$ I've been eyeing.

20. Ok thanks, I'm going to pass. I'm really wanting an Indonesian made Duck Dunn, as they are Plek'd and Korea made Dunn's are not.

Good luck with the trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.