Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland Skyline fever!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Jun 8, 2002.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    here they are...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D :D

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I believe that on the SlyLine Signature models, they're using HipShots.

P.S. I have a deposit on the Joe Osborn with Gard at Bass Central. Black w/maple fretboard. :) They're due to hit stores in Late August/Early September.

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    there are a lot of skyline threads lately...

i hope i find a used one

5. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    At the time of this post, there's a 55-01 in the TB Gear For Sale section...

6. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    looks to me like that might be a poor man's...ME!....sadowsky! i hope they're passive and not too expensive.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The Joe Osborn 5 (Jazz) is very reasonably priced. It lists for about $1500 & would sell in a store for about $1050 or so. They are passive & come w/Lindy Fralin pu's & Hiposhot tuners.

I think it looks more like a Lul. :D:p ;)

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    but im not in the US and the shipping would be very expensive... i rather go there and find it

thanks

9. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Those are the photos I posted on the Dude Pit on Friday (thanks for linking them Barroso).

You may find more information on these 3 new Skyline models here:

Dude's Thread on the 3 New SL Models

As of the latest shipment of Skyline 55-01's that came in this past week all Skylines will now come with "Hipshot Light" tuners which are Korean manufactured but licensed by Hipshot.

10. is there any chance of these licensed tuners being available for sale? (no mention on the www.hipshotproducts.com site)

also, do the Skyline basses have graphite reinforcement in their necks like the US Laklands?
    thanks.

11. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    They will not be available from Hipshot as they are a proprietary Lakland product like the Lakland/Hipshot bridges or the Bartolini NTMB-L preamps.

Dan did tell me that they will be available directly from Lakland but I don't think he has them available yet...will keep you posted.

None of the Skyline series necks have the graphite rods.

12. thanks for the info.
    hmmm, the description on the Lakland site is a bit misleading then-
    The Lakland Skyline 44-02, 55-01, 55-02, and Signature Models are manufactured to the exact same specifications as our groundbreaking flagship basses which have been growing in popularity since 1994.

13. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Point well taken but the specs do show that the necks are "flatsawn" as opposed to "quartersawn" as in the USA Laklands.

14. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    ps: I don't write the specs on the Lakland website...I just answer questions as best I can.:D

15. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Dude

Are those your allstars in your signature pic?;)

16. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    No Brian...those are my custom hand painted Eddie VanHalen Converse Chuck Taylors painted by my friend Chance Gray of Sacramento, CA.

Hey...I posted a pic of you playing an Elrick at the Summer NAMM show in Nashville 2000 today in an Elrick thread on The Pit...remember this one Brian??

[​IMG]

17. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Oh my god :D

Check out the chick checking me out:D

thats also a nice shot of Rob Elrick in the back ground. I have to give props to Rob on that bass, its smoked!

18. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    LOL...you mean that chic in the pic wasn't with you??? I thought she was your old lady or something from the way she was lusting after you in that pic!

19. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    ps: Brian...how've you been brother??? Long time no talk...what's new?

20. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Things are good..... well I'm getting married the end of the month so some might say its not sounding good for me. :)

All the Benavente stuff has been nuts with the big surg of interest and how well his stuff is being excepted with fodera and smith, etc. players. Its been whiled since Jan. NAmm

I guess you will be in nashville..... Hopefully we can all hookup. I know Jaco and Reggie are playing so maybe everyone can hookup there.

I hope things are going well with you. Have the lakland's started pushing you out the door or do you still have a small spot to lay your head:D

let me know when your getting to nash and where your staying.:D