1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lakland Skyline Glaub P/J ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LutherHeggs00, Jul 18, 2007.

1. LutherHeggs00

LutherHeggs00

Apr 11, 2006
    [​IMG]

I've been gassing for a P (especially since drooling over the above), but I'd really like a P/J. I inquired, and that particular USA Lakland went for $2,700. Ouch. Priced out a Lull in the same config, and we're talking about $2,200.

Skyline Glaub's run about $950 - $1,000 on the street. How much more do you think it would be to pop a Jazz pickup and volume knob in there? Maybe another $150-$200? IF so, we're still only talking half the price of any USA built one.

Have any others been asking for this? Do you think there will ever be a chance that the Korean Skylines will ever have this config?

2. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    How about you talk to Nino Valenti about a p/j?

3. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    That color scheme is shawweeeet.

Another option is a used HotRod P and a set of Hipshot Ultralights. The bridge is a true single coil and has got some mojo (ableit w/ some hum.)

$700-$850 at the end of the day

4. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I'm pretty sure you can order a Skyline Glaub in P/J--email them. Lakland's price list says $200 for an additional non-Lakland pickup.
    http://www.lakland.com/prices.htm

5. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

+1...Basspraiser has a P/J Glaub.

6. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

I know the American Laklands have recently gone up in price ...the P/J config sometimes shows up on Ebay or TB..but not too often.
    You might take a look at a Nash P/J..you can probably get one made to your liking for about 1600.00. They use Fralins/Lollar/Duncan pups..you can choose

www.nashguitars.com

7. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    True, although Doug/Basspraiser bought the Glaub used, then got the J added later.