1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lakland Skyline Hollowbody for $900.Good deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SUNNyday r., Jul 29, 2007.

1. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    Ok, I am in my summer time frenzy for bass gear mode. To the point, $900 for a Lakland Skyline Hollowbody? Good deal? I have not played it yet and don't know the hands on condition. If it is good, would you consider $900 a fair price?

2. dumbdrum

dumbdrum

Sep 19, 2006
    NorCal
    Yeah, I got one in fair to good shape for around that. I've never seen one go for much less than that

3. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Yes. Especially with the big ass hard case.

4. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    $900 was a good deal. I made the move and this thing is awesome! What a powerful,authoratative tone! I removed the Chromes that were on it and put on TI Jazz Flats. It doesn't boom so much as roar. The TI's don't sound polite at all on it,although I could dial that in with the tone controls. I could easily use this in a hard rock/indie rock setting. My rig consists of a Sunn 200s 2x15 with JBL K140's and I can choose between my Acoustic 370 which I used today with it or my Sunn 2000s which I can't wait to try out with it. Seems like the hobo is a perfect match for this set up. I bought a Rickenbacker a couple of weeks ago and it just never grabbed me so it quickly went bye bye. Wasn't that hard to find a buyer as you can imagine. I would still like a Ric one day if I can find one that speaks to me but I don't regret it at all that some of those funds went into buying the Lakland. The only nit pick I have is the E catches some fret buzz from the 3rd to about the 12th fret. It buzzed with the Chromes that were on it and slightly more with the TI's but I wasn't getting the buzz when amplified so no big deal. It is set up pretty low and I would rather lighten my touch a hair then try setting it up from scratch. I haven't bought anything in awhile that had me happy from the start but the Lakland sure has!:hyper: :D