Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland Skyline Hollowbody Fretless - save over $400!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by erikwhitton, Aug 31, 2004.

1. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    This is a great deal on a beautiful bass, I need $$ to have my upright fixed (priorities!). Save yourself approximately $400 buying from me vs. a dealer.

I have a sunburst Lakland Fretless Hollowbody for sale, it is in perfect like new condition and comes with the original hardshell case, warranty/registration, all original tools, and 2 sets of flatwounds.

MF.com prices this bass at $1119 and the case at $150 = $1,269.00 but you would also have to pay tax (at least $50).

I am offering the bass for $850 (+shipping). Flawless, mint, barely played, perfect condition.

Check out the photos:
    http://www.erik-online.com/skyline

Feel free to ask me any questions
    erik527@gmail.com

I would definitely prefer a local deal
    Thanks! -Erik

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    On what planet does a difference of $319 ($1269-$950) equal savings of "over $400?" :eyebrow:

Nice bass, though. If it were unlined, I'd consider it.

3. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    if someone local picked it up for $900 and saved on tax and saved on shipping. do the math. mind your business.

4. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    Just FYI and maybe this won't effect you but even though MF has them for that price there are quite a few dealers that sell these brand new for $50 more than your used price.

5. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    Buddy - I've checked with Bass Central, MF, and the Dudepit who all quoted the same price. What dealers are you referring to?

6. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    I missed that you were factoring in a case. Dudepit is cheaper than your price but once you factor in a case things change a bit.

Sorry!!

(At least I got you a free bump)

7. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    I just checked again. Dudepit sells the bass for $1039 and the case for $90.

Buying from me would still save you $229 plus tax and shipping.

8. bryanonbass

bryanonbass

May 13, 2001
    Northern NJ

Just an FYI, if you buy from MF you only get charged sales tax if you live in Utah, Missouri, or Washington. and the case is 98.00 from them.

Im not trying to stir up trouble or anything of the sort. Im just giving you a heads up.

I have a fretted hollowbody and its AWESOME!!!

9. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    Thanks for pointing that out. I also just realized they are offering free shipping on these basses. BUT - they do not have nay of these basses in stock, some colors are not expected for over 2 months.

I also want to stress that this bass + case are in perfect like new condition.

I have a few tentative offers on this bass right now, if they do not work out i will split the shipping (in the lower 48) with whoever wants to make the purchase. Being a large, heavy item - shipping would be close to $50 (i'm estimating).

anyone interested, email me directly and we can talk. -erik

10. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    This sucks. I recently observed in an open forum that a used bass was somewhat overpriced and made reference to several current vendors.

The mods came down on me like a ton of bricks and deleted my posts.

I guess the days of "if you think the seller's price is too high, PM him/her or keep your mouth shut" are over.

11. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    Price has been reduced - $850 + shipping. Email me any questions, offers.

erik527@gmail.com