1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lakland Skyline JO5 (with Audere); USA Jazz Deluxe 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bbjonz, Jul 20, 2008.

1. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Hi Everyone,

I couldn't resist MTD 535 #46, so the two Jazz Basses need to go. The first is a Lakland JO5, sunburst with rosewood board, that was on the TB a few weeks back. It has the Audere preamp, as well as the original controls, and comes with a "Freedom" hard case. Medium weight, tight B, and mint. Has the Lakland pups. $975 shipped and paypalled.

IMG_1101.png

More pics here.

The second is a Fender Deluxe Jazz 5 in a cool see-through CAR (not sure what the official color name is). In very good condition with a ding or two. It's a '96 anniversary model with the original Suhr pups. Plays very well and sounds great. Has Sadowsky flats on it but will include Daddario rounds. Includes Fender form case which is in okay condition. $800 shipped and Paypalled.

IMG_1106.png

More pics here.

Thanks for looking. BTW, not interested in trades.

Joe

2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Aug 8, 2002
    North of GTA, ON, Canada
    Long&McQuade Employee
    I've got a four string version of the Fender Jazz Deluxe. That finish is a Crimsonburst colour and is a discontinued finish, making it a littlle more unique than other Jazz V's. The Suhr pickups and pearloid pickguard also add to the list of distinctive features.

Good luck on the sale. I love my four string.

3. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks for the info, Hawkeye. It's a neat bass and is both very traditional and modern. A nice combination.

4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Aug 8, 2002
    North of GTA, ON, Canada
    Long&McQuade Employee
    It's just my opinion, but I think that particular finish is just killer looking. To have the metallic crimson solid on the edges and the subtle transparent crimson in the center is very different from almost anything out there. The fact that it's also a discontinued Fender finish adds to the appeal.

No, I am not selling on behalf of bbjonz for a commission. :)

Just some thoughts about a cool bass. Good luck with your sale. I just bought a Skyline JO5 and played it at church yesterday for the first time. I liked the passive tone a lot and I'm sure the Audere is the perfect upgrade for it. I'm very tempted to get one myself. That MTD must be sweet to be putting the Jobo5 up for sale.

5. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks, Hawkeye! It is a cool finish.

The 535 is that good. I had another for a while, as well as a 635, and all are just killer instruments. They fit my style best of all the modern-type instruments. And in case I need a passive Jazz sound, I have a great '72 somewhere in the house!

Joe

6. Bassguy1

Bassguy1

Feb 10, 2006
    U.S. - Midwest
    PM sent

7. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Back-from-DC-8-hours-late-after-missing-connection-in-vegas bump!

Joe

8. Brummpa

Brummpa

May 30, 2008
    Germany
    pm sent

9. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    That's the exact JO5 I've been thinking about lately. But we just bought a new house a couple weeks ago and I'd hate to have to live in it alone......

Ugh! My timing sucks. :(

10. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    PMs replied to. And Phat, I'm with you on that. It was exactly the one I was looking for--until the MTD came up!

Joe

11. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    Bump for a great guy to do business with and to add that I REALLY, REALLY miss my Lakland. :crying:

I should buy it back.

12. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks, Chas! Same to you. It's a great bass but the MTD is da bomb...

BTW, the JO5 is sold, and I'm going to hold on to the Fender.

Joe

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021