1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Lakland Skyline Korean 55-01...INSANE PRICE!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by The Thinker, May 27, 2017.

1. The Thinker

The Thinker

Sep 17, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Price:
    Strings:
    Here's your chance to get the 55-01 you've been GASing for...for only $445!!! (Includes light gig bag. At this price, buyer contributes an additional $40 for shipping, I'll pay the rest). US Lower 48 only.

Trade value will be higher, depending on what you have. PM me with offers (5-string basses, effects, no amps or cabs though).

Structurally and cosmetically it's in nice shape--plays GREAT, only some minor dings. A little discoloration on the back of the neck and fretboard--looks like it's just from being played, so I'm guessing it can be cleaned up. Never bothered me enough to try, though.

Here are the reasons for the low price:
    • battery compartment door is gone. The battery actually fits quite snugly and I generally need to use a coin or tool to pop it out, so I can't see it ever falling out on a gig. If it bugs you, get a new door or just use duct tape (I don't--as I said, the battery stays put).
    • I think this bass has been rewired--the mid knob is a pull-pot, but pulling it doesn't do anything (on a stock 55-01 I believe it defeats the onboard EQ--kind of a useless feature anyway IMO). Also, the pickup pan works in "reverse" like a Sadowsky (rolling forward selects the bridge PUP.
    • The bass drains the battery even when unplugged, so I remove the battery when not using the bass. Otherwise they don't last very long.
    Considering this is a fully gigable bass that sounds and plays fanstastic, this is a steal at only $445 including a gig bag (again, +$40 shipping due to the ridiculous price).

Again, will only ship to US lower 48.

Cash price is FIRM. Or PM with trades/partial trades. Thanks!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    sounds lije a nice project. pm sent.

3. ManuBerdin

ManuBerdin Supporting Member

May 14, 2009
    California
    Sold ?