Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland Skyline on Tuesday, Fender P-bass today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmkelly, Feb 7, 2002.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    This has been an amazing week for me! First the Skyline story... I finally had the money to get the Skyline, and I pick it up on Tues. I take it home in awe, play with it gently, and immediately think that it is an incredible bass! so I start to tweak on it, and I notice a couple of things wrong :( One of the set pins in the saddle was stripped, and I also noticed that the volume pot was bad (popping when going from active to passive, along with loss of signal) I got the bass from Musician's Friend, I work there, so I start looking to see if there is another silver with maple neck... and there isn't! I don't want to return mine, so I figure I will call Lakland and find out what the options are... The first guy I talk to says he can't really answer my questions, so he said he would transfer me to another that could. So I talk to this second guy, and he is absolutely apologetic that the bass got to me like that... and then he comes up with a wonderful solution to get things resolved that costs me nothing, and I'm not without my bass for an extended amount of time... He also tells me about an upgrade to the US bartolini circuitry, which for the price seems pretty good. I tell him that I'm not ready to be without this bass for that long, so he says to when I'm ready, to call hime back and let him know... Great, I said, so I ask for his name.... He tells me Dan Lakin... We talk for a bit more about the bass and what I think of it, and stuff about other Laklands I've played.... Great guy, and he probably earned a lifetime customer today! What service, what a product, and when presented with a problem, he solved it, end of story! That all took place at lunch...

After work, I picked up my pseudo Steve Harris p-bass, which is now sporting a Warmoth neck and a white pearloid pickguard... I had to do a little set-up work, and finish everything up on it, but it turned out to be a beaut! What a day, what a week! Hopefully I can get a hold of a dig camera this weekend to get some picks up of the newest additions.... and off to the profile to edit that!

P@