Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland Skyline Prices?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by r2k, Mar 12, 2002.

1. I've heard about Lakland, and that their basses are very expensive, but on their homepage they're all like "the new Skyline series basses are very affordable", but it dosen't specify HOW affordable.

How much are they?

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
  3. wazupchurch

wazupchurch

Feb 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Hey...the Skyline prices will be up on the Lakland site real soon. And yes, they are affordable! Beyond that, they will take anything else in their price range to school! Check them out. They're worth your time.

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    if its list prices you want- here you go:
    Skyline 55-01 standard - $999
    deluxe- $1199
    with bart pre- $1299
    55-02 standard - $1599
    55-02 deluxe $1799
    those are list- the deal you make will be your own-
    there are fours strings and Joe Osborn and Bob Glaub Skylines in the works- but they are unavailable till May-
    hope this helps

5. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Musicians Friend has the Skyline 55-01 5 string listed in their new catalog for $699.

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    yes, this is true. thats 30 % off list and as low as youre allowed to advertise- but if you do your homework, it could pay off. And they havent had any until maybe this new shipment..so, what good is a price if you cant get it?
    John Turner.. you KNOW this is killing me , right?;)

7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Adrian's percentage is a good figure, based on what my 55-02 cost. Even if Musician's Fiend had them in stock, figure extra for shipping and case.

8. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Well, I dont know if his prices are going to that much different than anyone else's. I mean if Musician's friend has them for $699.00 is the Dude going to sell them for, $500.00? I've haven't done a deal with him yet but the thought of getting a J-Retro has been intriguing me. He certainly has an outstanding reputation, that's for sure! :)

Now I have dealt with Adrian several times and I've been very happy with the deals that I've gotten through him. He's also been a great resource to me when I've had questions or needed advice. Even though he's never asked me to, I'd pay more just to offset the things that he's done for me above and beyond making a sale. A.G. is the man in my book! :cool:

I get the Musician's Friend catalog but I have NEVER ordered anything from them to date. I've heard way too many stories about how they buy factory seconds and then they sell them at their regular prices. That's just one of the stories that I heard. I don't know about anyone else but I would personally rather spend my hard earned dollars with either "The Dude" or with Adrian before I went with Musician's Friend as long as the price is competitive. From what I've seen, both of them are very competitive but I am kind of partial to Access-Bass. ;)

9. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Adrian has Skylines on the way also. It's nice to have options! :)

10. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Yeah, ebozz, even though I didn't get mine from Adrian because I came upon a singular deal elsewhere, he was very helpful and responsive to me. If not for lucking into a one-off deal, I would have gladly done business with Adrian.

11. Do yourself a favor and don't just guess: contact the Dude. You might find yourself VERY surprised at the pricing.

12. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Good point. I just might do that. As I mentioned earlier, it's nice to have options and I've been meaning to contact him regarding the J-Retro anyway. To be honest with you though, the American Lakland is what I'm going to be after eventually. I think that I'll be satisfied with what I have until I'm able to realize that 55-94. ;) Based on what I've heard about the Dude, I would have no qualms dealing with him when I decide to do so.

13. I'd like to have a Lakland Bob Glaub 5-string when it finally gets off the drawing board... but, I figure the price will put it WAY beyond my reach.

14. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I hear you there man. Any American Lakland would, be out of my reach right now. :D I plan to save a little cash and sell a couple of the basses that I feel the Lakland would replace when the time is right. I was up to 7 basses at one point. That number has been decreased to 5.

If I could just wind up with an MTD 535, Lakland 55-94 and a pretty good fretless, I'd be in heaven. I would part with all 5 of my basses and some cash to get those. I've got to save some more cash to make it possible. If I never get a chance to reach that goal, I'm okay with it. I feel pretty good about what I have now and I'm very fortunate to have my gear.

I contacted "The Dude" via email. Most of what I had to ask was regarding a Jazz fretless that I'm considering modifying. I did ask him about the Skylines though. ;)

15. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Hey Guys,

I too have talked with Adrian and he's totally cool! Here's what I have coming in but if anyone prefers to deal with Adrian I'd be very happy to swap any of these color choices (if not spoken for) with anything he has on order. Some color choices are already sold out of the next few shipments.

I ordered the following new Laklands at NAMM and they're starting to come in now. If anyone is interested in any of them please either email me or call me at (707) 546-3833 to reserve one now. All prices are posted at retail without case options or shipping. Call or email for price quote.

4 Skyline 55-01's (Retail $999.00) now enroute:

*Three Tone Sunburst/Rosewood
    *Inca Silver/Maple
    *Black/Maple
    *Three Tone Sunburst/Rosewood Lined Fretless

4 Skyline 55-02's (Retail $1,599 Standard & $1,799 Deluxe) shipping next week:

*Black/Rosewood
    *Three Tone Sunburst Deluxe (quilt top)/Rosewood *Sold*
    *Cherry Sunburst Deluxe (quilt top)/Maple *Sold*
    *Inca Silver/Rosewood

2 USA Joe Osborn Signature 5 Strings (Retail $3,600):

*Custom Vintage White/Rosewood/Gold Hardware *SOLD*
    *Three Tone Sunburst/Rosewood *ON HOLD*

The 4 string Skylines will be in the first week of May and I have the following on order:

6 Skyline 44-02's (Retail $1,499 Standard & $1,699 Deluxe):

* Three Tone Sunburst/Maple *ON HOLD*
    * Three Tone Sunburst/Rosewood *ON HOLD*
    * Three Tone Sunburst Deluxe/Rosewood *SOLD*
    * Cherry Sunburst/Maple
    * Natural/Maple
    * Candy Aple Red/Rosewood *ON HOLD*

7 Skyline Joe Osborn Signatures (Retail $1,350):

*Candy Apple Red/Rosewood
    *Three Tone Sunburst/Rosewood
    *Three Tone Sunburst/Maple
    *Three Tone Sunburst/Rosewood Lined Fretless
    *Lake Placid Blue/Rosewood
    *Black/Maple
    *Inca Silver/Rosewood

5 Skyline Bob Glaub Signatures (Retail $1,250):

*Lake Placid Blue/Rosewood
    *Three Tone Sunburst/Rosewood (A neck -1.5" at nut) *On Hold*
    *Three Tone Sunburst/Maple
    *Candy Apple Red/Rosewood
    *Black/Maple

1 Custom Order Hollowbody (Retail $3,800):

*Sherwood Green with gold hardware including pickup surrounds!

NOTE: I ordered what I thought people would want as far as color/fingerboards go but if anyone wants anything different than what I ordered there may be time to order what combinations you might like better but contact me ASAP so I can check to see if it is still available ok?

I also arranged for a special "Dude Pit Limited Edition" run of 24 very special Skyline Joe Osborn Signature Basses. These will be all Sherwood Green with Matching Headstocks with factory installed J-Retro onboard preamps. These will not be available any where else! Click the link below for more information posted on The Pit! There are only 10 of these left (3 with maple boards and 7 with rosewood boards)!

Special Note to other Lakland Dealers: Since most of the upcoming shipments have already been presold I'd be more than happy to swap out something on my list if you have a customer that wants a color/boardwood combination that's on my list and no longer available from the factory provided the one you want to trade is still on order at the factory. If you need something on my list please contact me directly instead of having your customer contact me ok?

16. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Hey Dude,

I sent you email earlier. I tried to be as clear as possible but let me know if I did a good job of confusing you, alright? :)

17. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    LOL...I'm sure I can figure it out....I've got some guys that confuse the hell out of me on a daily basis so I'm used to it! Had a rough night last night so I'm already pretty "confused" already anyway!

18. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
  19. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, go for it man - the rules on that point have changed, remember? :D