1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lakland Skyline serial number

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pfschim, Aug 20, 2007.

1. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    hey all you Lakland players, where is the serial number located on a Lakland Skyline 44-02 ? I've looked all over it (but not in the electronics cavity yet) and don't see one where I usually expect to find it i.e. headstock face or back or edge as on my other basses.

I just picked up a sweet 44-02 deluxe fretless from a fellow TBer (thanks Larry99) and I keep records of my gear, including pics and serial numbers for insurance reasons.

So, can anyone point me in the right location ?

Thanks

2. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    The s/n on my 55-01 is on the left edge of the headstock, as I recall. Its the only Lakland I've ever owned, so dunno if thats the standard location for all models. For that matter, go to their website and email them. They're pretty good about answering questions...

3. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

The 44-01 has it prominently on the top of the headstock.

4. Same with my 55-02. It's kind of a bizarre place to put eh S/N, which is probably why you haven't found it yet...

5. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    right after posting my original question, I went back and gave it another, real careful, look. Lo and behold, there it was right on the side of the headstock .. but it was in a very light color against the satin finish light maple headstock .. so hard to see, at least with my old guy eyes. :meh:

related story: brought some charts to rehearsal on Sunday that came from one of the RealBooks (RealBook 3 ??) anyway, they are not the more typical large print hand written ones, but the charts with lyrics with a smaller font for notation and chords. You should have heard the whining from my band mates about the small print. :rollno: geez, what a bunch of old guys .. left their readers at home :p

Anyways, thanks for the replies.

enjoy!

6. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I'm all about that bold type
    on charts and lyrics nowadays.

Naww, I don't need no glasses.