Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland Skyline

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Airsick Pilot, May 10, 2003.

1. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Hey guys, I'm in a dillema right now. I've fell in love with how the Lakland Skyline 44-01 looks and I've told myself that I really need to get one but the problem is there isnt any Lakland dealers here in Singapore and the only option for me, well as far as I know of, is to get from the States. After adding everything up, shipping fees plus case and all(not including the tax that the government here will impose on me) will be $900. The bass costs around $665 new so my question is, is it really worth it to get it at $900 because that seems to be the only way. I mean I don't really mind paying $900 if it is really worth it but if its just insane to pay that kind of money for a Lakland Skyline then I'll forget about it. Any help is appreciated guys.

2. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I love the Skylines as much as anybody, but 900$ for a 44-01 seems a bit much too me... maybe there is another dealer in Japan or something closer that wouldn't cost as much?

P@

3. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Yeah thats what I thought...and if Im not mistaken shipping from Europe doesn't cost that much either but I couldn't find much information from some of the websites of the international dealers from the Lakland dealers section. I emailed Lakland about it but have not received any replies yet.

4. How about trying to find a used bass, first in Singapore, or then somewhere abroad. This would mean even with shipping fees it may not be as much as a new 44-01.

Good choice for a bass btw ;)

5. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    I doubt theres a used one here. There used to be a Lakland dealer here but they only shipped in the American-made ones. Maybe theres a few people own Laklands here but they've must have bought it somewhere else and assuming there are I have to wish that they intend to sell their Skylines which is probably just a wishful thinking but yeah thanks for the advice, I'll try to look for a cheaper alternative, say, a used one from ebay, thats a cheaper method instead of getting one new.

6. You should e-mail Dan Lakin via his web site <www.lakland.com> and tell him about your problem.

He will probably be able to help you, in some way, solve your problem in obtaining a 44-01.

Dan is well known for being a very caring and concerned individual when dealing with Lakland dealers and customers alike.