1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

lakland style wiring diagram?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Linas, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Does anyone have a diagram for the lakland pickup configuration? Is it the same as an active p/j setup?

2. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    ANYONE???

3. You might try being more specific so we have a clue of what scheme you are referring to. There are several Lakland models w/different pups and wiring. Specify the actual model wiring you are looking for ie: JO, Glaub, 55-01, 02, 94, 63 etc.

Or are you adding a Lakland pup to an existing bass?

4. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Im sorry, im a dumb ass, forgot to put which pickups im talking about:rollno: 55-02, 4-94 style

I am talking about the Jazz neck and music man style set up. I am building a bass soon, and i would like this config. in the bass.

5. TheBrad

TheBrad Baby step bassist - 90% n00b

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    Carvin uses that pup config a lot, you may try giving them a call.

6. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    When it comes to wiring, it doesn't make much difference what the *shape* of the pickup is--a P/J setup is wired the same as a J/J setup is wired the same as a J/MM setup. The only thing that's a little bit unique about the Lakland setup from a wiring point of view is the coil selector switch for the MM pickup. The Lakland MM-shaped pickup is really a pair of stacked pickups in a single case, each of which is a match for the stacked J in the neck position, and the switch lets you choose the front, both in parallel, or the back.

Mike

7. TheBrad

TheBrad Baby step bassist - 90% n00b

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    Ah, makes sense. ;)
    Excuse my stupidity.